Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

TMNT

SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,108

As usual I might be giving this too much thought but can we spilt Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Ninja Turtles. What I am talking about is the cartoon sets from the movie sets.

Firstly the two sets of figures are very different and don't really sit well side by side but more importantly if you look at the boxes you can see they are called different things ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and just "Ninja Turtles") and unlike Marvel, DC and Star wars the box art is completely different from cartoon sets to film sets.

An example of a movie and non-movie set from each line.

If the Lego Batman movie is different from DC then I think these two are also different.

SumoLegoBumblepantsricecakeAllBrickcatwranglerambrosius

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 7,769
    I agree with your 'too much' thought.  I would consider them separate themes.

(I have a set of the TMNT, and would never buy in a bazillion years, the Ninja Turtle line.)

And I would definitely parse out the Lego Batman Movie sets from the DC Superhero sets.
    SMCricecakeSprinkleOttercatwranglerambrosius