Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego 6002 Town Figures - Canadian Samsonite product

Hello, im selling a bunch of our old canadian lego toys on ebay and have discovered one of them is a rare samsonite produced item. I scoured the web to try to find information for pricing but could not find any. I found a forum post which described a bit of detail about the item but cant find any previous sale history. I thought i would come to brickset to see if anyone has any prior information on it as ive used this site to list alot of my other stuff.

Any info is appreciated!
(hopefully ive listed this under the correct subject)

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,716
    The best way to find what it is worth in the current market is put it up for auction starting at a dollar.
  • mrcalendar1970mrcalendar1970 CanadaMember Posts: 4
    edited January 21
    Thanks, yes that's what I have done.
    I was just looking for history information on the product.
    I ran into a similar issue years ago with an extremely rare Canadian star wars figure. For that I was able to find some auction pricing in a collectors guide that allowed me to add a reserve on the item, although i suspect its much more valuable today.
    I guess I will just have to see where this one goes.
    I contacted Brickset to maybe list the final value on their site so other people may have some pricing history.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 396
    This set is a super rare and highly sought after.  It's not the top of the early 80s Canadian mini-figure sets, would be #6002-2, but it's up there.  These are some the rarest and most desirable sets of the 80s.

The fact that you have the blister pack and card is the game changer.  Without those it's just some old mini-figures.  I can't tell you last time I saw one of these with packaging sell, but it's been a while.  This set sells so infrequently price guides are sort worthless.  Is there any other info you're looking for on this set?

I hate to speculate on the final price other than to say the current price won't be close to the final selling price as it's far too early for the serious buying to have started bidding.
    madforLEGO
    Hi LusiferSam,

Thanks very much for the input. Seemed very odd to me not finding much information on it. But i guess what you have explained makes sense, i guess its that rare. Tough as a seller though, not having any sale history to go by.

Cheers.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,294
    So, is that one set on ebay right now yours? 
    $420.75 with 3 days 19 hours left, i would be very happy with that.
    Hi AllBrick, yes that's the one. Ends tomorrow.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 1,868
    edited January 28
    I was working on adding all the Canadian versions of sets (both versions of 6002 are already in there) to my online LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide, but unfortunately I'm working on a multivolume book deal with a major Asian publisher, so that's on the back burner.

Canada is the smallest unique LEGO market (Samsonite of Canada, 1962-88), with a much smaller set population compared to the larger USA (both Samsonite 1961-72,and Enfield, 1973-present), Britain/Australia (1960-78), continental Europe/Asia (1962-78). and Europe/Asia/Australia (1979-present).

The funny thing about the 6002 minifig pack is that the Town set 6002 is correctly labeled, but the Castle 6002 set should have been labeled 6001, as in the 1983 Canadian catalog.... Page 12....
    http://www.youblisher.com/p/1028887-1983-Canada-LEGO-Catalog/

Later I'll post some of my favorite Canadian LEGO set images (I don't own any of them).
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 396
    Do we know for sure that the Castle set was labeled incorrectly?  There only seems to be one image of the card that everybody on the net uses.  Are we really use that this one image is not the misprint and that the set was largely released with the correctly printed card?  I've love it if a seal one turned up and over turned 20+ years plus orthodoxy.