Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego at Tuesday Morning

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,812
Got this flyer in the local newspaper. I have not checked it out yet.
rd189977ncaachamps

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 7,931
    Im guessing they are all old sets that other stores have removed from their stocks, or if LEGO is dumping them (as I thought Tuesday morning is another discounter like TJMaxx)
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 79
    Thanks @ecmo47. This is the first time I've heard of this store.

Im guessing they are all old sets that other stores have removed from their stocks,...

The Wikipedia article for the company and the company's own website describes it as a "closeout" store, which usually means that the store buys its stock from other retailers.  So, it sounds like a Big Lots / Odd Lots type of more, but perhaps, focused on more "upscale" products.  From the footer of its website:

We offer upscale, name brand closeouts for the home at un-paralleled savings.

Discover our ever changing selection of home furnishings, housewares, gifts, toys, pet accessories and much more.

For those of us in Central Ohio, there are at least five locations (zip code search for 43215).  Though, I don't ever remember seeing any insert in the Columbus Dispatch's Sunday edition (but, then I usually just pull out a few ads and ignore the rest).
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,849
    Yeah. It's more upscale. Not the Ross/Marshall's variety that also includes cheaper, no-name brands.

Sometimes there are coupons on the flyers. Was there one?
  • cleverusernamecleverusername Member Posts: 55
    edited January 28
    Tuesday Morning is the store you go to to buy a gift for a kid to make them sad. Off-brands and old stock. But the big gimmick is that they stock their shelves with the advertised specials and then cover the shelves until the date on the advertisement. Maybe once a year I go there, and every time, I wonder why I bothered. Additionally, they falsely inflate the retail price so that they can make the discount seem larger. I remember many years ago, in the golden ages of cheap clearance Lego, they had a large Insectoids set. I forget the exact pricing, but if it was a $100 set, they stated that the retail was $130, and then sold it for $85.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 505
    edited January 29
    I remember many years ago, in the golden ages of cheap clearance Lego, ...
    I picked up slightly damaged 7783 (Batcave) for about $60.  Sold it within a few months for $100.  D'oh!

Other than that, Tuesday Morning is like Goodwill or Ross to me.  Some people manage to find great deals, but not me.
    77ncaachamps
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,172
    Back in the good old days they also had the LEGO cloud city set and original sandcrawler. I didn't get those,  but I do remember seeing the original arkham asylum there for a good price. It's not a terrible store. It's just a big YMMV on what you will find. Not as bad as stores like bargain hunt and ollies though.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,849
    Tuesday Morning is the store you go to to buy a gift for a kid to make them sad. Off-brands and old stock. But the big gimmick is that they stock their shelves with the advertised specials and then cover the shelves until the date on the advertisement. Maybe once a year I go there, and every time, I wonder why I bothered. Additionally, they falsely inflate the retail price so that they can make the discount seem larger. I remember many years ago, in the golden ages of cheap clearance Lego, they had a large Insectoids set. I forget the exact pricing, but if it was a $100 set, they stated that the retail was $130, and then sold it for $85.
    Are you sure you're not confusing this place with TRU?

;p
    DedgeckomadforLEGO
  • SlicksonSlickson Member Posts: 5
    I found 42037 : Formula off-roader for $40