Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Non lego train track

simba42simba42 MILTON KEYNES, UKMember Posts: 23
Hello
While I don't want to stay from official Lego....  Has anyone used track from: https://www.trixbrix.eu/en_US/c/Rails/17

I really like the idea of not being constrained by the one corner size. 

Or does anyone know of a UK supplier? 
I know of ME-Models in the USA.  But again shipping is a killer.. 

Keep to know your thoughts on this.. 

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,350
    God those look awful!

I have a load of ME-Models track. Yes, shipping is expensive, but then the track is expensive, and if you're at the point where you're considering after-market rails, then chances are good that you've already spent a small fortune on Lego trains anyway!

My only advice with ME-Models track is to glue it all together (it all comes as separate parts) :) MEK is the best stuff to use, but for goodness sake do it somewhere which is very well ventilated!
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 846
    edited January 29
    Some people on a Facebook group (OBVIOUS PLUG) have some trixbrix stuff and think it's ok. Personally I'd rather - having actually had some myself - have 4DBrix stuff, or save up and get some ME Models stuff. 

I don't own any ME products but they've had good comments and reviews, with the exception of the sleepers/ties popping off the rails, so I'd recommend gluing them as well.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76kiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,350
    I meant they look visually terrible - very few sleepers.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703