You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Non lego train track

simba42simba42 MILTON KEYNES, UKMember Posts: 23
Hello
While I don't want to stay from official Lego....  Has anyone used track from: https://www.trixbrix.eu/en_US/c/Rails/17

I really like the idea of not being constrained by the one corner size. 

Or does anyone know of a UK supplier? 
I know of ME-Models in the USA.  But again shipping is a killer.. 

Keep to know your thoughts on this.. 

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,320
    God those look awful!

I have a load of ME-Models track. Yes, shipping is expensive, but then the track is expensive, and if you're at the point where you're considering after-market rails, then chances are good that you've already spent a small fortune on Lego trains anyway!

My only advice with ME-Models track is to glue it all together (it all comes as separate parts) :) MEK is the best stuff to use, but for goodness sake do it somewhere which is very well ventilated!
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 798
    edited January 29
    Some people on a Facebook group (OBVIOUS PLUG) have some trixbrix stuff and think it's ok. Personally I'd rather - having actually had some myself - have 4DBrix stuff, or save up and get some ME Models stuff. 

I don't own any ME products but they've had good comments and reviews, with the exception of the sleepers/ties popping off the rails, so I'd recommend gluing them as well.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76kiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,320
    I meant they look visually terrible - very few sleepers.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703