Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Goonies 'Inferno'

redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 347
With the release of the Goonies dimension pack...does anyone know if TLG has ever considered releasing a set of the ship or has anyone presented a moc for  Ideas maybe...i for one would pay handsomely for  the Inferno with 11 figs...or is it just me?
Fireheart

Comments

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,027
    One did get 10k on Ideas only to be rejected.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 347
    With the introduction of the dimension pack do you think its something TLG may visit a bit more substantially in future?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,152
    If Dimensions was an indication of what sets will be released we'd have had a Wizard of Oz set, a Portal set, a Flintstones set, a Jetsons set, a Red Dwarf set, an A-team set. Icould carry on.

Best to assume the Dimensions pack is all that will ever been done with the license 
    stluxpharmjod
    That's a shame..would be a great ship to have...great figs too...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,770
    Shib said:
    If Dimensions was an indication of what sets will be released we'd have had a Wizard of Oz set, a Portal set, a Flintstones set, a Jetsons set, a Red Dwarf set, an A-team set. Icould carry on.

Best to assume the Dimensions pack is all that will ever been done with the license 
    Not so fast. Seeing that BTTF, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Scooby and Simpsons had sets (and then some), I think two positive things can happen here:
    A) LEGO will be open to new Ideas submissions with these themes to consider;

B) Judging by the popularity of say Gremlins and A-Team being "sold out" at the moment on S@H, LEGO may take notice and offer some additional one-off or small series offerings.

prevere said:
    Shib said:

Not so fast. Seeing that BTTF, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Scooby and Simpsons had sets (and then some), I think two positive things can happen here:
    A) LEGO will be open to new Ideas submissions with these themes to consider;

B) Judging by the popularity of say Gremlins and A-Team being "sold out" at the moment on S@H, LEGO may take notice and offer some additional one-off or small series offerings.

What do you think they could do by way of small offerings in terms of film scenes?
    Problem with that arguments is that the sets came before Dimensions. Doctor Who is the sort of exception, but personally I'm of the opinion that the Ideas announcement on accepting Dr Who submissions was the result of licensing agreements being put in place for Dimensions and LEGO being unsure of the viability of a set.

Given that they've already passed on an Ideas set I doubt that we'll see any sets based on any Dimensions stuff, it's possible but seems unlikely to me.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,770
    ^I definitely don't disagree with you. It goes both ways and I'm not expecting to necessarily to see a lot of sets. But a Goonies boat and an A-Team van seem like slam dunk examples of maybe a realistic chance.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 484
    I feel like an actual Goonies set would not have the audience and fanbase to make it profitable.  Ghostbusters and BTTF were successful because they both have devoted fanbases and the movies were probably among the biggest movies that came out of the 80's.  Even kids today know what they are.  A lot of the "nostalgic" properties coming out in Dimensions - Goonies, Gremlins, ET, Knight Rider, Beetlejuice - just don't have the following to carry over to retail sets (I could see a possible one-off Ideas set for some of them...).
    Shib
    Personally I'd say A-team van has more of a chance than Goonies - ultimately though I think if LEGO were to do a set off the back of Dimensions they'd likely want it on the shelves at the same time as the related Dimensions pack so that the kids who would otherwise not know the franchise would be more likely to want it.

If a Dimensions IP is to get a set I'd be very surprised if we hadn't heard at least something about it before the release of the Dimensions pack.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 671
    I'd buy one just for the Robert Davi minifig.
    I'd buy one just for the Robert Davi minifig.
    What!!!...not Chunk doing the truffle shuffle?
    gmonkey76