You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Amazon.de Deals

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 1,427

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 1,427
    Let's kick this off with a Scuttler #70908 for €64, that's 20% off German retail, 30% of Belgian price.
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 72
    Great! Let's get started then.

First off, a general remark. When ordering from another country, Amazon will typically apply local VAT to the order. Local being the country where the goods are delivered - i.e. the one you reside in. This means that the amount you pay might differ from the advertised amount as the advertised amount includes German VAT (19%). The rate applicable for your delivery address will ultimately apply. 

What country you reside in also influences how good a deal is. LEGO tries to maintain a different price level for LEGO in Germany compared to a number of neighboring countries. Additionally, Amazon.de sometimes has delivery restrictions on some sets so a particular offer might be inaccessible to you because of the country of your delivery address. 

Amazon currently has Batman Movie set  #70901 Mr Freeze Attack for 17.99 EUR currently. Pretty good deal if you're in the Benelux (RRP=29,99 €), still an okay deal for Germany (RRP=24,99 €)

Note that Amazon might deliver for free to your country and that it has tresholds for free shipping in that case. Free delivery always takes a couple of days as well.
    snowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 918
    Amazon DE is price matching Galeria Kaufhof. There might be other sets as well, but #75106 Imperial Assault Carrier is now EUR 77.99 - about the lowest it has ever been for anybody who wants to complete their SW Rebels collection.
    Kerre
    Right, checked the Galeria Kaufhof deals (here). Amazon will not need to make a big effort to match them. However for Nexo Knights collectors it might be worth keeping an eye out for Amazon matching their price for #70316 Jestro’s Evil Mobile (they have ot for EUR 29.99).
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 72
    Amazon.de seems to have no stock of #70316 and Galleria Kaufhof only ships to German addresses. Which is a good thing for me personally as I'd be tempted to buy a second one *Hangs head in shame*.

I'm tempted by the #75106 - Sabine with helmet! - but I'll try to resist as I'm already way past the agreed monthly LEGO budget for Jan/Feb.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 226
    I've acquired #70900 (smaller discount, +- 27%) and #70901 (indeed +- 40%, thanks @Kerre).

That being said I've currently blown my budget for May so you're doing alright.
    Kerre
    Seems that  Galleria Kaufhof has discounted some more sets and Amazon DE is following suit. I spotted these:
    • #75147 - StarScavenger for EUR 39,14
    • #75157 - Captain Rex's AT-TE for EUR  85,25 
    • #75149 - Resistance X-Wing Fighterfor EUR  60,89
    snowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski AmsterdamMember Posts: 1,010
    I bought #75147 in December from Amazon.de for only €30,67
    That was such an awesome deal, since its RRP in NL is€69,99
    Anyway thanks @stlux ;   for the headsup!
    Won't be buying any of those, since I already spend waaaay more than I had planned when I scooped up a whole bunch of sets discounted 50% at Lego S@H