Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Does anyone have Batman Battle Pod #5004929?

TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 288
Hey, so I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting—nay, needing— to get the Battle Pod polybag, but I wondered if anyone out there in the forums has ventured to spend the crazy amounts on eBay to get one of them? Was it worth it? Was yours legit?

Does anyone have any  info on whether these will be offered anywhere else other than Asia? I remember seeing that the Kiss Kiss Tuxedo keychain was only available in Asia until more information was released when the movie came out, so I'm hoping the same is true for the Battle Pod.

Fingers crossed!

Comments

• TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 288
    Part of me wonders/hopes it will be part of a promotion in June when they release the new TLBM movies?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 3,743 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,309
    ^Not likely. I bought 3 Battle Pods the other day. They were already shipped out and before I bought them I had a conversation with the seller. I will let you know when I received them.
    TyresOFlaherty
    ^Bah!! I may need to just bite the bullet and grab one, but I know the second I do that I'll see that they'll release it in the US as some sort of promotion. 

Same thing almost happened with the Kiss Tuxedo keychain, I snoozed on it, then was luckily able to snag one from a local Cinemark. Don't know if I'll get lucky twice, though...
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,466
    For the moment the only source for this poly seems the Lego Certified Stores in Malaysia. It's rather unlikely they only produced this set for those 6 stores, so I'm fairly confident we will see it pop up elsewhere as well.

I badly want this poly, but not 2x USD50 (or more) + shipping badly. Yet.
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703madforLEGO
    ^ Right?! There's a small part of me that's like "get it now, just in case" but then the (hopefully) more sensible part of me is saying "just wait, you'll get one at a reasonable price locally soon....hopefully."
    stluxkiki180703
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,321
    stlux said:
    For the moment the only source for this poly seems the Lego Certified Stores in Malaysia. 
    Anyone planning a holiday for the near future?

Can I make a suggestion?
    TyresOFlahertystluxbandit778kiki180703gmonkey76JenniSumoLegoMynatt
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 125
    Do what I did. Buy 3. Keep 1. Sell the other 2.
    I managed to get one for free plus turned in some profit. Timing is everything.  
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    Scarra said:
    Mind if I ask how much you bought them for and how much you sold them for?
    edited March 2
    Scarra said:
    Surely that's a case of 'that was then and this is now'?

I would imagine that timing bit has passed now.

I'm personally happy to wait until they're more numerous, should only be a matter of time.
    ^Yeah, between eBay/PayPal fees, I don't see myself coming out ahead at all by doing that....
    I bought 3 via BrickLink @ £40 each. Total including p&p = £140
    Sold 2 via eBay @ £100 each. Fees to deducted. 
    Result!!!

TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    Utterly ridiculous, well done @Scarra .

I'm off to write a suggestion letter to the times regarding their next Lego giveaway.
    TyresOFlahertystluxiso3200kiki180703Mynatt
    I actually ordered the items last Tuesday. Received the package from Malaysia on Monday.
    Listed on Tuesday. Sold one on Wednesday and the other today.  
    The demand is still there as availability is still limited. 
    edited March 2
    @Scarra , I read that last post like it was a Craig David song.

It's having the capital to start with, something I am currently lacking.
    ScarraTyresOFlahertykiki180703sid3windrvizzitorMaffyD
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,805
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Not likely. I bought 3 Battle Pods the other day. They were already shipped out and before I bought them I had a conversation with the seller. I will let you know when I received them.
    For a minute I thought you bought 3x Batpods, #5004590...
    I think part of the issue is that there are some people that are apprehensive about buying off of Ebay, and to a greater extent, Malaysia. To be honest, this is my first purchase off of Ebay outside the US. 

Why does everyone think the Battle Pod will show up later? Do you feel the same about Kiss Kiss? I also had to purchase that because I don't have any other way to get it.
    ^I guess I'm more optimistic about the Battle Pod because Kiss Kiss eventually came to the US (if you had a Cinemark near you), so I assume there will be hopefully SOMEthing along those lines that will hopefully resaturate the market and bring those prices down...
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 824
    Balls to £40! And double balls to £100! That is all I have to say. 

PS @Scarra, good work! Not sure I would be brave enough to take that chance.
    TyresOFlahertyLuLegokiki180703Shib
    ^Yeah, but that was in just a week or less of each other. There are plenty of Polybags that are not available in the US or other countries and visa versa. In fact, I had to get several Batman polybags for my buddy in the UK over the years because they were only available here.

Now, Darth Revan is an example of a ploy coming out again later.
    ^I'm not sure if it's just my optimism speaking, or my lack of knowledge (or both?) but I have a hard time thinking Lego would ONLY make this set available in Malaysia? 
    AllBrickkiki180703stlux
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,293
    Kiss Kiss is also making an appearance at Legoland Florida this weekend and next. They are having Batman movies days and you get it free with any $9.99 LEGO Batman Movie purchase as long as you're an annual pass holder.
    Pitfall69Lego_Star
    If I remember correctly, last year certain SW polys were available first in Malaysia before showing up in various TRU promotions later in the year.
    ^ The TC-4 poly was like that, but it appeared at Legoland. And boy did it appear. They had hundreds when I stumbled across it.
    From what I have gathered, if there are a certain number of promotional polybags that are left over, the stores have to send them back. From there, I would imagine they inventory them and wait until another promotion to offer them again. I think Darth Revan was an example of that. 

@Yodalicious , I totally understand your point about the Kiss Kiss Batman promotion; the problem is, 94% of the country do not live anywhere near Legoland Florida. I am 1,300 miles away!!! Sure they turn up in places, but not widespread like a normal S@H promotion. 

My guess, is that we won't be seeing the Battle Pods anytime soon or ever again. That's my guess, which is just as good as any other guess at this point ;)
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703stlux
    @Pitfall69 Well, your guess is WRONG! ;)

(at least I sincerely hope so, anyway!)
    Pitfall69kiki180703stlux
    I wasn't trying to make a point as much as to say that I'm an annual pass holder, will be going to Legoland this weekend, and will try to pick up a couple. ;)

But yes, you are correct. Most of the time there is no telling just where they'll pop up. I'm excited about my visit this weekend for a number of reasons, but partially because who knows what will be there. 
    Pitfall69kiki180703Lego_StarLegogramstlux
    Well then, I guess I will know who to contact for a Kiss Kiss then ;)
    Yodaliciousgmonkey76stlux
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2
    Ugh, Yoda kissing Jar Jar ... DX
    TyresOFlahertyPitfall69gmonkey76stluxReesesPieceskiki180703
    Just to clarify my statement of seeing this poly pop up elsewhere: I didn't want to suggest it would be a GWP (although that would be nice) or even available at your local TRU. However *any* kind of availability of this poly outside Malaysia should at least drive down the price.
    I'm already happy with a Kiss Kiss Tuxedo Batman scenario, which currently goes for USD 16 on BL.

And good news regarding the Batman Battle Pod: there's now also a Czech seller listing this poly on BL, so this must mean the Lego Certified Stores in Central Europe now also have it. Prices will now likely go down at least a bit. Hopefully.
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    ^Or he got one from Malaysia cheap and is now trying to make a profit ;) 
    stluxkiki180703
    edited March 3
    So I asked Lego customer service about the availability of the Battle Pod, and got a response just now that I thought was interesting:

-----

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Isn’t it exciting that there are so many new LEGO® sets every year? It’s great to see you’re eagerly waiting and trying to find out about what we’ve planned for the future.

I'm sorry that I can’t tell you anything about the Batman™ Cave Pod availability in the US at the moment.  That may be coming soon, but until new toys are announced in the catalogue or on our Shop site, we aren’t able to share any details. That’s because it takes a long time to design and make new toys, and we sometimes need every minute until they hit the shelves to make them perfect. Besides... we look forward to surprising you! If you want to find out about new LEGO sets as soon as they’re announced, just keep an eye on our website.

------

Interested that they called it the Batman™ Cave Pod, (@Huw, thought you'd maybe want to know that for database purposes?), and from this I got more optimistic that this will come to the US and other places, but they can't confirm that yet, obviously.

Also I'm sure someone else more familiar with TLG's canned email messages can weigh in on this as well.

Fingers crossed!!

AllBrickmadforLEGODeeC2_Joshkiki180703SeanTheCollector
    edited March 3
    Good job @TyresOFlaherty . Can't help hearing Tyres' voice when I read your posts.

Yes, fingers crossed Freddy.... Crossed... Crossed..... Cro......ssed.
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    All I got from the email response was: "Thank you for your interest in the Batman Cave Pod. I am glad you are excited about our future products...wait...future? Didn't we already design and use that to promote The Lego Batman Movie? Sorry you missed it, but we have new and exciting Lego sets coming out in the future that you may like instead. Hey, check our website regularly,  we may be able to entice you to buy our new stuff coming out instead of something that is already long gone."

;)

Of course, I am only playing Devil's Advocate for the benefit of myself..lol. 
    Mynattgmonkey76sid3windrTyresOFlahertykiki180703chuckp
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,194
    Yeah guessing anyone that bought these for any large amount are hoping they do not get to the US as part of a promo somewhere.. Could see it if there is a LEGO Batman movie game coming (though would think it would be out already if that was to occur) maybe a promo for another retailer selling the movie when it is released to DVD/Bluray?
    TyresOFlahertyPitfall69kiki180703
    Yeah, I'm thinking (hoping) that they either come out as a promo at S@H for the release of the summer TLBM sets, or that they're some sort of DVD/BluRay release exclusive. 

If I cross my fingers any more than I already am, they're going to snap...
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 298
    Yeah guessing anyone that bought these for any large amount are hoping they do not get to the US as part of a promo somewhere.. Could see it if there is a LEGO Batman movie game coming (though would think it would be out already if that was to occur) maybe a promo for another retailer selling the movie when it is released to DVD/Bluray?
    There's already a Lego Dimensions Lego Batman story pack, so I think that's out of the question. And since it's a poly, I don't really see it coming with the blu-ray later on. I'm thinking, now, that the a promo for the summer sets may be the most likely.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 855
    It's not unheard of a polybag being released, and then being a promo with a game/movie. If I remember correctly Kylo Ren Shuttle or First Order Star Destroyer poly was given out with the LEGO Force Awakens video game/movie.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 133
    Im still holding out that Disco/Clown and Kiss Kiss will be available elsewhere like TRU but who knows...I just dont want to pay $20-$25 for a poly that I am going to open. Not even thinking about touching these Pods, they will be available at some point for sure.
    veign06 said:
    Im still holding out that Disco/Clown and Kiss Kiss will be available elsewhere like TRU but who knows...I just dont want to pay $20-$25 for a poly that I am going to open. Not even thinking about touching these Pods, they will be available at some point for sure.
    I doubt the Batman Disco / Clown poly will be anywhere but from LEGO. It is RARE that such a promo set (that was a LEGO promo) is released to other outlets, at least in the US. The last LEGO Super Hero themed one I can think of was Iron Man vs the flying drone appearing at TRU and that was some time ago. LEGOLAND Discover Centers sometimes get them as well (they got the Friends scale superhero Krypto poly this year but I do not count that as a LEGO minifig scale set). More often than naught, LEGO promos stay in house. The Keychain could make an appearance at LEGO, but trying to recall how the Movie theater promos for the LEGO Movie were out, and if they made it to any other shops. I think they did, Gamestop and Walmart I think had Emmet's that were also released at the theaters as part of a promo for the game release BUT they were figures and not keychains. So if LEGO Batman appears as a game (which is doubtful or I'm guessing it would have been reported by now) you may see them. The other option is when the movie is released, but Target will have the Batgirl poly, so that eliminated one outlet in the US, which leaves Walmart and what they are doing for their movie release promo (if they have one). Not sure if Gamestop sells the movies. Amazon could get involved as well with a promo.Hoping one is the Batpod as that has not been released as part of any promo in the US yet.
    Pitfall69TyresOFlahertykiki180703
    veign06 said:
    Is there some reason that you you think that all these promos will be available somewhere down the road? I mean, it is wishful thinking and it can/has happened, but few and far between. Like @Yodalicious said earlier, the Kiss Kiss will be available at Legoland Florida, but this is just one outlet. Is there a pattern that you have seen over the years that lead you to believe that any or all of these promos will be made available at a later date?

I have noticed that the Kiss Kiss Batman key chain and the Battle Pod both have Asian script on the front of the package, but Disco/Tears poly does not. This might mean that the Disco/Tears poly was for Europe/North America only and not available in Asia or it might not mean anything. 

This is definitely an interesting topic. There has to.be someone on the forum that has tracked most or all of the promos that have been made available over the years. Also, if the languages on the front of the polys mean anything.
    TyresOFlahertygmonkey76YodaliciousSumoLegokiki180703
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,283
    edited March 4
    facebook groups showing this was available in manchester legoland discovery centre, as was the batman twin-fig poly
    Pitfall69stluxkiki180703
    Hope they are not only at Discovery centers, because some dbag goes to the one near where I am and clears it out all the time.
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703Mynatt
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,241
    At least you have one near you. Closest LEGO anything for me is an hour and twenty minutes one way.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 133
    madforLEGO said:

I doubt the Batman Disco / Clown poly will be anywhere but from LEGO. It is RARE that such a promo set (that was a LEGO promo) is released to other outlets, at least in the US. The last LEGO Super Hero themed one I can think of was Iron Man vs the flying drone appearing at TRU and that was some time ago. LEGOLAND Discover Centers sometimes get them as well (they got the Friends scale superhero Krypto poly this year but I do not count that as a LEGO minifig scale set). More often than naught, LEGO promos stay in house. The Keychain could make an appearance at LEGO, but trying to recall how the Movie theater promos for the LEGO Movie were out, and if they made it to any other shops. I think they did, Gamestop and Walmart I think had Emmet's that were also released at the theaters as part of a promo for the game release BUT they were figures and not keychains. So if LEGO Batman appears as a game (which is doubtful or I'm guessing it would have been reported by now) you may see them. The other option is when the movie is released, but Target will have the Batgirl poly, so that eliminated one outlet in the US, which leaves Walmart and what they are doing for their movie release promo (if they have one). Not sure if Gamestop sells the movies. Amazon could get involved as well with a promo.Hoping one is the Batpod as that has not been released as part of any promo in the US yet.
    Lego Batman is already a game. Its the Lego Dimensions add on, so I doubt they are doing anything beyond that. I didnt say they were coming to other stores but I am hoping before I spend $20-$50 for a poly. There have definitely been a few polys that start out as free gifts from Shop@home that end up being sold in stores, but not all and they seem to be hit or miss for sure. I have no doubt we will see the Batpod being part of a US promo of some sort, why would it not? I can definitely see it being used as a TRU promo if nothing else.
    Sure you guys have seen this elsewhere, but it sounds like it's coming to California Legoland...

(Clickable link):

stluxbandit778Pitfall69veign06chuckpSumoLego77ncaachamps
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 113
    ^Am highly amused at the reaction of anyone who paid north of $40-$50 for these off eBay; their going rate is about to drop big time...
    TyresOFlahertykiki180703gmonkey76AllBrick