Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

From LDD to Unreal Engine

FlanBrosIncFlanBrosInc US, MichiganMember Posts: 29
I've recently been playing around with rendering using Mecabricks and I stumbled upon importing models into Unreal engine.

I decided to take my Lego Ideas Lighthouse of Alexandria project and import it into an ocean scene. Here's the results:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to manage the same photorealism of the bricks as can be achieved with Blender (or even POV-Ray or Bluerender) However, I can take screenshots in realtime with absolutely no rendering time. I used it to compile a neat gif of the model.

Basically, I imported from LDD to Mecabricks, then exported as a .dae file. From there I imported into Blender and ran the script provided by Scrubs over at Mecabricks. From there I exported from Blender and imported into an Unreal Engine scene. Pretty neat!

ricecakeAllBrickcatwrangler

Comments