Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

UCS falcon rumours (that turned out to be true!)

Comments

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,798
    A scratch and sniff Food line of $4 packs (like Mixels), would be a fun diversion. Something like that would be too irresistible for me to resist.
    bookmum
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,137

prevere said:

And I'm just trying to add to the ridiculous direction of this thread to make people think there's actual updates here.

Hahaha it's working! 
    CoviprevereVorpalRyupharmjodClutchPowerSumoLego
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 687
    Considering that one 'poo pooed' prediction (other than the Falcon) is starting to hatch as we type - this thread will make VERY interesting reading this time next year...
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 540
    edited April 24
    This situation with the UCS Falcon rumor is the ultimate win-win.  Either it finally happens and everyone is happy, or it doesn't, and the same rumors start up again next year with someone else from some other board who is "never wrong" adding fuel to the fire again, and everyone pretending the same rumors didn't happen the year before.  Creating for a hilarious, and funny never ending game of speculation.  Until it really happens some day.  At this point, I'm convinced it will happen, just a matter of when. 

I won't think there is any actual news here until I log in and see 200+ comments.
    catwranglerFollowsClosely
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 777

Istokg said:

It's really a matter of supply and demand... even for modern sets there's a larger demand for the already large supply of modern sets.  Some of this is due to investors being part of the collector mix.

It took me 8 years to finally find someone who had a 1957 Norwegian Esso Garage set 1309 (you won't find it in any database yet... eventually).  Even though there is only 1 known at the moment (none in Billund Vault)... its' obscurity won't exceed the price for some of the 10179's, should this 1309 ever come on the market.   Again, it's demand that drives prices.  Some things are very valuable that are not rare.   And some things are very rare, but are not (proportionally) that valuable.

Just for the curious... ;)   ... here's that Norway only 1309 set with only 1 known....

I think I've got a few of these in a box of toys i got when we cleared out old man Larsen's house last year. Are they worth much?
    BooTheMightyHamsterbobabricks
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 1,943
    edited April 24
    Well if you cleared out a house in the UK.... they would not have had that box type.  When LEGO came to the UK/Ireland in January 1960, these were the box designs....

From 1956-57 the box design in question was only sold in Denmark (upper left), Norway/Sweden (upper right), Netherlands (lower left) and Germany/Austria (lower right).

Here are the different basic set box designs of the 1956-67 era, and the 2nd smallest one (700/4 with "System i lek) was reused with that paper band to create the rare 1309 set. The words under the ovals translate to "System of Play".

Images from my collectors guide.
    ClutchPowerPitfall69catwranglersnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 7,941
    And you thought it smelled bad on the outside?
    ClutchPowerVorpalRyuGothamConstructionCoPitfall69bobabricks
    edited April 25
    CM4S said:
    Hahaha it's working! 

And now that @CM4S has confirmed it, you can take that to the bank!
    (What are we talking about?)
    VorpalRyuBumblepants
  • Niloc_IINiloc_II Member Posts: 24
    edited April 25
    A new exclusive LEGO set will be available mid-june for VIP members (and it's not the Carousel).

Could it be...? All bets are on! (bets are on a new car from the on-going series, who knows)
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 196
    I think the mid-june release will be the next Ideas set, Apollo 11...
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,161
    21137 The Mountain Cave, the Minecraft set has been teased already so it could be that.
    CM4SNiloc_II
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 480

Covi said:

I think the mid-june release will be the next Ideas set, Apollo 11...

I would bet Apollo 11 is released on July 16 to coincide with original launch date in 1969.
    BumblepantsJohnyk668bobabrickscatwrangler
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 390
    Its all just an eloborate ruse conducted by TLG...they hired operatives from MI6 and the CIA to pose as Lego enthusiasts on various forums to start a misdirect campaign...you all fell for the Falcon rumour...it is in fact a minifig size Cloud City..i heard it from my chimney sweep who was involved in faking the moon landings and he heard it from a lego employee whilst treking with a local tribe at the base of Kilimanjaro..you may mock and scoff at this information but will see..YOU WILL ALL SEE!!........now where are my damned pills? 
    monstblitz
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 602

redarmy said:

Its all just an eloborate ruse conducted by TLG...they hired operatives from MI6 and the CIA to pose as Lego enthusiasts on various forums to start a misdirect campaign...you all fell for the Falcon rumour...it is in fact a minifig size Cloud City..i heard it from my chimney sweep who was involved in faking the moon landings and he heard it from a lego employee whilst treking with a local tribe at the base of Kilimanjaro..you may mock and scoff at this information but will see..YOU WILL ALL SEE!!........now where are my damned pills? 

actually TLG was just another victim of Russian hacking. it was all done to make it look like TLG was behind it. also every employee was wire tapped, it's true, believe me. we will investigate this breach of trust and you'll see. believe me, my private server was not compromised you'll find proof that I'm right.

• LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 396

SumoLego said:

Istokg said:
    It will be interesting to see if the new MF will have one of these....  or something different?

I smell a sticker... 

Lego rarely ever uses stickers on double-convex or double-concave surfaces (i.e. the outside or inside of domed parts like radar dishes). Not never, but rarely.  If anything I think the better question is whether a new UCS Falcon would use a decorated pattern on the radar dish at all, or if it would opt for some variety of brick-built detail instead.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 917

Istokg said:

Well if you cleared out a house in the UK.... they would not have had that box type.  When LEGO came to the UK/Ireland in January 1960, these were the box designs....

Don't rule out what might get found just based on geography. I found #M1089089 in a local thrift store (in Connecticut) a couple of weeks ago, bought it just because I had never seen one before. It seems this set was only sold in Japan, from what I have been able to find out online.
    Kevin_Hyatt
    edited April 26
    I found a European boxed LEGO set in the USA 20 years ago.  Only one I ever saw.  More likely something got shipped.

My first LEGO set was sent to me 20 years before that from my uncle in Germany... and was never sold here.
    Reality hit.... I now get what you're saying... it could have been shipped to the UK... yeah that is a possibility.
    datsunrobbie
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 832
    I am away from home this week... oh, LEGO!
    There; I just contributed to the off-topic comments on this thread. *feeling fulfilled*
    bandit778monstblitz
    edited April 27
    Lyichir said:

SumoLego said:
    I smell a sticker... 
    Lego rarely ever uses stickers on double-convex or double-concave surfaces (i.e. the outside or inside of domed parts like radar dishes). Not never, but rarely.
    I was being facetious.  Just think of the AFOL criticism if there were to be a sticker on the inside of the dish!
    Mynattmonstblitz
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,830

Istokg said:

Reality hit.... I now get what you're saying... it could have been shipped to the UK... yeah that is a possibility.

Or old man Larson's nephew visited from America and left his toy behind.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,522

SumoLego said:

Lyichir said:

SumoLego said:
    I smell a sticker... 
    Lego rarely ever uses stickers on double-convex or double-concave surfaces (i.e. the outside or inside of domed parts like radar dishes). Not never, but rarely.
    I was being facetious.  Just think of the AFOL criticism if there were to be a sticker on the inside of the dish!

People seem to think that use of stickers is purely down to cost saving on Lego's part, but has anyone ever noticed that the lego sets intended for the younger age spectrum are far more likely to have printed parts?

I do think age is considered a factor by TLG - they trust that a 14 year old is more competent than a 5 year old at putting stickers on properly. It may just be that the sets designed for older kids and adults are more detailed and require more printed or stickered parts. TLG think the presence of stickers is less of a bother than we do. With that in mind, I do think that TLG should keep a good inventory of spare sticker sheets or supply 2 sets for if/when the first set starts to peel.
    legofanfromleedsgmonkey76catwranglersnowhitie
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,765
    I think most people don't realise that Lego effectively consider a printed piece to be a new element - or at least a new colour - in that it has to be stored separately in their warehouses. Like all of us, they don't have infinite space to store different pieces, so that will be a major consideration.
    Lego_Star
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,809
    ^ I understand that, I think. What I don't understand is how do they manage it for Ideas sets?
    SumoLego
    (I get the sense Lego has a method for producing unique pieces for lower production sets.)

SumoLego said:

Lyichir said:

SumoLego said:
    I smell a sticker... 

Dear God, it would be apoplexy. Reminds me of the single time I bought a Transformers Kre-o set (sorry) and Mirage had an Autobot sticker on the front of his curved chest that also sloped downwards:

https://goo.gl/images/D0zioQ

catwrangler
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,016
    Apparently #75192 (item code 6171593) will be a new UCS MF, launching 1/10/17 with a price of Euro 699.99. 
     MattDawson said:
    Apparently #75192 (item code 6171593) will be a new UCS MF, launching 1/10/17 with a price of Euro 699.99. 

yeah see proof right here: https://ibb.co/eWdpQk watermark means it must be true, as long as you don't read the laughable marketing details listed in the image. Eurobricks members are calling this fake and I tend to agree.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,019
    ^That picture was from April Fool's wasn't it?

Ooh! Where is this coming from? Can't see it on Reddit or Eurobricks...

a new member on Eurobricks just posted it into the 2017 rumors thread. no indication of where he found it. and yeah it looks like the April fools image just redone with information supplied by Stash2Sixx on Eurobricks.
    I found the first 2 seconds of the designer video for the new Carousel quite interesting...
    I believe that's a confirmation! 
    waynlewisgmonkey76
    im a sceptic when it comes to the UCS MF but I don't see any other way to interpret that part of the video. space worm and MF, they hinted at the carousel at the start of the last video, and a MF in this one. and the rumors did mention a Mynock...

CM4S said:

Or the biggest troll that TLG designers could ever come up with!

Seriously though, we've now had 'Easter Eggs' for the Caterham, the Carousel and the TLBM D2C.  The new video is obviously the Falcon and Im assuming the Minecraft 'The Mountain' set.  Anyone care to speculate on the two other new scenes in the Carousel Video?

CM4S said:

Or the biggest troll that TLG designers could ever come up with!

Seriously though, we've now had 'Easter Eggs' for the Caterham, the Carousel and the TLBM D2C.  The new video is obviously the Falcon and Im assuming the Minecraft 'The Mountain' set.  Anyone care to speculate on the two other new scenes in the Carousel Video?

When did we have Easter eggs for caterham? Batman Movie doesn't have have a d2c
    UPDATE: the image I linked above (with price and dates) has been confirmed legit. it apparently is an internal email document for Lego. according to a source (whom I believe is telling the truth)

Based on that we now know the following:
    price: €699.99
    official date: Oct 1, 2017
    End date: Dec 31, 2018 (or until supplies are sold out)

will have updated figures, and Force Awakens figures, along with parts to swap appearances from original and FA styles.

((im sure image is subject to change until official announcements are out))
    edited April 27

UPDATE: the image I linked above (with price and dates) has been confirmed legit. it apparently is an internal email document for Lego. according to a source (whom I believe is telling the truth)

Based on that we now know the following:
    price: €699.99
    official date: Oct 1, 2017
    End date: Dec 31, 2018 (or until supplies are sold out)

will have updated figures, and Force Awakens figures, along with parts to swap appearances from original and FA styles.

((im sure image is subject to change until official announcements are out))

I'm almost confident it's fake. Dunno what internal document you're talking about but it was posted as an April fools joke.
    Im just relaying info being "confirmed" from eurobricks, I myself can't verify the info but I generally trust the person who did confirm it with news of upcoming sets.
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 105
    Since when did Lego publish exit dates for sets, especially ones that will be highly collectible?
    dougtsgmonkey76FollowsClosely
  • drdesignzdrdesignz USMember Posts: 96
    If we could get a new UCS Falcon with a chrome C-3PO, I would be quite pleased.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 927
    I  heard a Lego store employee say there will be new chrome UCS Falcon. 
    CM4SMrKettlegmonkey76SumoLegoYodalicioussnowhitieTyresOFlahertycatwranglerKevin_Hyatt
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,765
    What gets me is that the 'confidential' image is over a completely black box, with the old MF in front of it. Almost certainly fake.
    dougtsFollowsClosely
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 109
    edited April 27

699 euro,it could be worse I guess. Still not sure if I will get this but probably yes.

Would be a bit disappointing if it was a 100% remake,a full interior would have been so nice.

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,519
    Would be quite ironic if the official sets details were released on April 1st as an ultimate trolling, just so no one thought it was real. Now that's funny.
    waynlewisoldtodd33
    OK well not only did the guy come out and say the image was intentionally fake but we have a supposed LBR employee claiming 75192 is listed as a Confidential Star Wars set at $799.99

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/67y7s0/clearing_up_some_rumors_on_the_ucs_millennium/
    dougtsstluxcatwrangler