Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Problems with BrickLink's wanted list 'Auto Finder'?

PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,790
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with Bricklink's Auto finder on the wanted list? I've been trying to use it since last night, but I just get the message 'Auto-Finder has encountered an error. Please retry the search'.

I've tried with less items, and in different browsers, but it still says the same. Rather frustrating when I want to order over 40 different elements!

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,242
    I used it on saturday with no problems.  You are probably better off asking in the bricklink forum.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,790
    Honestly, their forums are so outdated and difficult to navigate, it's a wonder anyone still uses them. I might give it a shot though. I was hoping the problem would have resolved itself by this morning, but no such luck.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 972
    The BrickLink forum is actually really good. At least I like it quite a bit. Particularly because of the tweet-like nature, that assures a pretty fast response from the community for any new inquiries.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 972
    Oh, and I should add that I haven't run into any problems myself with the auto-find feature, but I do vaguely remember reading something that if you have a part in both your main wanted list and a specific wanted list, it can cause problems. Or something like that. Again, this is just a vague memory, so it's best to ask.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,790
    edited April 3
    I submitted a bug report earlier, and got the following email:

Hi there,

Thank you for your bug report! We are aware of the issues you have brought up in your ticket and are working with the development team to get these fixed as soon as possible. We will endeavor to fix serious bugs as soon as possible.
    stlux