Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello from the Netherlands

ChrisBricks81ChrisBricks81 NetherlandsMember Posts: 8
edited April 23 in Introduce yourself
Hi guys, 

I recently registered to the forums and was added by the admin today so let me introduce myself.
My name is Chris, 35 yrs old and live in the Netherlands with my girlfriend.

My LEGO story is as follow:

I remember somewhat over 10 years ago that I saw this majestic UCS Lego Star Wars Star Destroyer (10030) on the lego shop, looking at it and really really wanting it. So I added it several times to the shoppingcart but I eventually never bought it because I had the weird impression I was too old to buy lego. 

About 2 and a half years ago I told this story to my girlfriend after looking at this beautiful Star Wars Millenium Falcon(7965) set and she said; "why don't you just buy it and make up for it!" So I did :)

That's when my adoration for Star Wars Lego really begun. Now, I have a collection of 45+ sets and still growing.
Mainly I buy new sets from different retailers, sometimes I buy new sets or 100% complete 2nd hand sets from other people.
Star Wars Lego has been around for a while so I've missed out on a lot and now I am trying to keep up a bit.

There's only one rule I've set for myself and that's no UCS models but only the minifig sized ones. That doesn't mean I don't like the UCS models, I absolutely do, but you just can't have them all :) Ah well, maybe some day I'll come across that infamous UCS Star Destroyer and add it to my collection :)

So that's my Lego story! 

Feel free to add me on twitter @ChrisBricks81
Just mention brickset in the message :)

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,319
    Hello and welcome to the forum @ChrisBricks81.
    Sounds like you have a good girlfriend there so hang on to her. :)
    Always nice to have another Star Wars fan of Lego on the forum and you are in good company.
    Understand your starement about not being able to get it all and only sticking to Minifigure sized vehicles and I absolutly won't mention that #10179 was a minifigure scale Millennium Falcon (although you may be in luck with that one according to rumour).
    Hope you get your hands on the Star Destroyer.
    ChrisBricks81
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,494
    edited April 26

Hi Chris. Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of SW fans on here, so you'll have plenty of people to discuss things with. @bandit778 - you are very mean mentioning that set! Or maybe not, if the rumours are true... What a time to be alive!

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about missing older sets, there are always new ones and updated models - I have 3 different A Wings, for instance (and that's not even all the A Wings)!

Have fun!

bandit778ChrisBricks81