Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Buying Courier boxes to send LEGO sets in - where to buy from (UK)

wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 179
I'm running out of courier boxes to send sets in, I've been using boxes I had from my purchases, so never ordered any from anywhere online. Can people suggest where to buy them from in the UK, ideally cheap but good quality and need to be different sizes, mainly to send LEGO sets in, some big sets etc.
Thanks

Comments

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,746
    @wiggy maybe ask a local Lego store if there is one near you. I'm sure they'd give them up as they would just be throwing them out otherwise.
  • wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 179
    Thanks, I'm not near a LEGO shop but I've been asking at other shops and it's not always easy to organise, I'd rather source from a supplier of sorts really.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,666
    I've​ bought from davpak in the past. Great quality and delivery but perhaps not the cheapest.
    wiggy
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 774
    ASCDIRECT.  
    Double walled. specify your own size. Add 5mm each edge ie 10mm on length width and breadth on modular size boxes. Just ship like that. Best thing I ever did regarding selling was buy custom boxes.
    wiggy
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into these 2 suppliers :)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,373
    edited April 29
    On the rare occasion I send big sets, the cardboard veg trays are very sturdy. 2 together (one top and one bottom) are rock solid, the Supermarkets or local Costco are giving them away.
    wiggy
    Got a load of boxes from various shops today. Best sized were actually from Lidl and old satsuma+carrot boxes, similar to banana boxes but longer. Only problem is have quite large holes in them in different areas/breath holes. I have a thought of getting Black shrink wrap and wrapping it around the boxes when ready to post out. Although the holes could get punctured again, any ideas on best way to fill the holes? :)
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Member Posts: 58

wiggy said:

Got a load of boxes from various shops today. Best sized were actually from Lidl and old satsuma+carrot boxes, similar to banana boxes but longer. Only problem is have quite large holes in them in different areas/breath holes. I have a thought of getting Black shrink wrap and wrapping it around the boxes when ready to post out. Although the holes could get punctured again, any ideas on best way to fill the holes? :)

My wife swears that duck tape is the solution to almost every problem! Might actually be right with this one.
    Or tape a bit of old cereal box or similar over the holes before wrapping?   
    wiggy
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 171
    I actually brought a load from my local 'lock'n'store' in the UK. They oddly sell packaging materials, and at a reasonable price! All double walled, strong boxes aimed at people moving/long term storage so excellent quality.
    wiggyMatthew