Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Differences between Dimensions minifigs and normal ones from sets?

flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 35
Sorry if there is already a thread about this, or a Dimensions thread or whatever, but:

Given that CMFs are apparently made in different factories/have different plastic/what have you, I'm wondering: Are figs from Dimensions packs exactly equivalent to ones from normal sets, or are they manufactured differently? (I ask specifically because of Dimensions Kai, who seems to be the same prints as one of the 2015 Kais.)

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 139
    Some of them are the same. Cyborg, Wonderwoman, Superman and Aquaman are all the same as in the sets. That goes for the Ninjago stuff too. The LOTR guys have new faces. Not sure about the rest.
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 35
    My question is not about the types of prints but about whether the type and quality of plastic is exactly the same. (Basically: Which factory/process are they made in/with? The one for CMFs, or the one for normal sets?)
    Dedgecko
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 233
    I think it breaks down pretty much like this: 

Characters with different printing/parts from regular versions:
    Cragger, Laval, Eris, Doc Brown, Doctor Who, Venkman, Slimer, Unikitty, Abby Yates (all different printing), ACU Trooper (common parts, different combo), Batman (diff cowl from the regular Bat with this body), Gimli, Legolas, Joker, Voldemort, Robin, Batgirl (all different heads), 

Characters listed as different in the database for no apparent reason:
    Gandalf (his face may be different but hard to tell)

Characters identical to previous releases (on a few, listed as different because of accessories):
    Green Arrow, Wicked Witch (actually a future release  - Ultimate Batmobile), Superman (the Juniors line), Bane, Kai, Jay, Nya, Zane, Cole, Lloyd, Wu, Wyldstyle, Marty McFly, Homer, Bart, Krusty, Owen Grady, Shaggy, Scooby, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Emmet, Benny, Gollum, Harley Quinn, Aquaman, 

Characters unique to Dimensions:
    Chell, Cyberman, Stay Puft, BA Baracus, Ethan Hunt, Michael Knight, ET, Jake, Lumpy, Newt Scamander, Tina Goldstein, Sonic, Gizmo, Stripe, Finn, Marceline, Excalibur Batman, Midway Gamer, Sloth
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 33
    As far as I can tell from the figures I own, the minifigs are the same as those in regular sets and do not come from the China factories that make CMFs. I had the same concern you had when these sets were announced but the ones I bought (Doctor Who and Bane) appear to be 'normal' quality, at least when you compare them to the CMFs. 

Although technically, some minifigs can contain parts from China and Denmark factories mixed together. Minifigs such as the Stay Puft figure contain a headpiece made in China, but a torso made in Denmark, for example. 
    Alright, so I shouldn't be concerned about Dimensions Kai then, even though it's a little ominous that he's listed differently from Kai (Scabbard) [which really should be Kai (Knee Pads), let's be real]. Thanks!
    Actually never mind; Dimensions Kai lacks the scabbard.