Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Where have all the Polybags gone?

OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 100

Fellow Canadians may understand this, or they may not, but for the past few years I've noticed a rather disturbing trend. The number of Polybags actually making it to stores in Canada has diminished considerably.

Either that or the number of buyers has increased exponentially to the point where TRU Canada just can't keep up with stock anymore.

Toy's-R-Us in Canada is the only place to buy Polybags outside of LEGO Promotions from Shop@Home, we have never to my knowledge gotten any Wal-Mart Polybags at Wal-Mart, but some will be at TRU. And don't even get me started on what happened with Target.

For the past four months TRU has not stocked a single Polybag. I haven't seen one in my Province, aside from the Krypto DC Super Hero Girls poly which I got from LEGO for free.

So I have to wonder, what is happening? Are there more collectors and scalpers/re-sellers swooping in and grabbing all the Polybags before they're even on the pegs for a day, or is distribution really that bad of late that not a single Polybag from LEGO City, Creator, Nexo Knights, TLBM, Star Wars or Friends is being shipped out to local TRU stores? Does someone have the answer, because I sure as heck don't, and it's become rather disheartening as I loved walking into TRU and discovering a new Polybag to buy to continue fuelling my LEGO habit when times were slow.

Comments