Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What's up. Limit 5 CMF 17 S@H

BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 126
US S@H is limiting only 5 for the new CMF Series 17.  The set is 16.  Does anyone know what's up with Lego on this?  

Without having a Lego store, Wal-mart, Target or TRU in our area, they just made it impossible to collect the set.

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,949
    Trying to limit it for resellers and make sure there's enough to go around.
    Also, it doesn't reach the threshold for free shipping so you have to *gasp* buy some more stuff from them.
    madforLEGO
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 540
    edited May 2
    Is it 5 per order?  Or do they track your email and limit it to only 5 period?  If it's 5 per order, I can deal with that.  If it's only 5 period, then I'd be bummed out about that.  I don't like playing the feel 'em up game at stores.  I enjoy ordering from online and getting what I get. I guess I'll just buy from Minifigures Plus if that's the case.  I've been meaning to do that anyway, I just keep missing the thread. 
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 126
    I'm super surprised that there is not a huge outcry about this.  Correct that it does not reach the threshold for free shipping.  Hypothetically, we could get 3 of the same minifig depending how they grab them up to pack.   I thought I'd check here to see if there was a manufacturing problem that caused this.  When you buy the limit of 16 for a 16 series, at least there's a good chance you'll get a decent selection.  If they're going to change it to 5, then they need to let us choose which 5 we want.  In addition, the stores are crazy because everyone has grabbed up the rocket boy and corn cob guy. 
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 126
    WHOA, I just now went online at Lego and the limit has been changed to 32!!!  Maybe there was huge outcry or shortage, but thankfully they fixed it.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,770
    I am guessing they just put this in the system wrong and then realized it.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 648
    5 is the default limit, but the collectible figures have always been 16 or 32. I'm sure the 5 was never intended. 
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 48
    Not always. I remember series 1 and 2 being 5 per order. It might have lasted a little longer than that.