Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Is it possible to buy just parts for minifigures? Like arms or heads?

bobotechbobotech spokane, wa, usaMember Posts: 17
I bought a 20 pound box of random legos (and megablox, ugh, oh the sorting!!).  In it were about 10-20 (so far, about 2/3rds the way done of sorting) minifigures but the child who had them before apparently liked to rip the arms off the bodies and heads.  So i have a bunch of torsos that have one arm or none.  I just would like to complete them fairly cheaply just to have a bunch of minifigures.  As far as I can tell, their collectablity is rather gone at this point. 

Comments

• BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 234
    If you know which set the figure went with, you should be able to find it on Bricklink. Then when you click on the figure's parts, you will get the numbers for the individual parts. For example, here is the Arctic batman page.

I don't know if getting these will be cheap, however, because it might be unlikely that a seller has just the parts for sale individually for many of the figures you have. If you have to buy across sellers, shipping will make it not worth it (in my mind at least). You might just be better off finding the complete figures and buying those instead of just looking for parts. 
    bobotech
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 832
    You can buy individual parts through bricklink.  https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=hand&catType=P&catID=

They might be at the bottom of the box. Most of the larger thrift-store lots I have purchased have stray minifigure parts mixed in. They tend to settle to the bottom unless I try dumping them through one of those sorting heads. Every time I try to use that to sort the small parts out, they end up hiding in larger pieces. 
    bobotech
  • bobotechbobotech spokane, wa, usaMember Posts: 17
    Sorting head.  I need to google that.  I'm just doing the pluck a piece, look at it, dump in appropriate
     bin.  
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 723
    Every time I read sorting head, I think of a head you put on top of a brick, and it'll go "ehh, hmm. yesss... HUFFLEPUFF."
    TheLegoMaster35stluxBumblepantsMrShinyAndNewricecake