Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Cleaning lego with an ultrasonic cleaner

steve23094steve23094 Member Posts: 37
edited May 2017 in Collecting
I was cleaning my Lego with a soft toothbrush and a little bit of detergent and letting it air dry.  This is incredibly laborious and takes so long with the amount I have it will be like painting the Forth Bridge.

I'm considering investing in an ultrasonic cleaner.  I like the idea that it doesn't take any effort on my part (dunk it in and walk away).  They seem to vary wildly in price.  I would like to hear from anybody that has used one to clean Lego.  Is it effective?  What are the pros and cons?  What features should I be looking for in an US cleaner?  Do you use plain water or some sort of mix?  Which model did you buy and what do you like and dislike about it?  Is it noisy?

Thanks.

Comments