Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Star wars constraction / storm trooper / speederbike // bought this morning

vibrantvibrant ukMember Posts: 1
I think the store put these out early, but I got hold of these today

I need to twist the long grey piece as I built it incorrectly! 
dspigelSumoLegoJackad7GothamConstructionCocatwranglerCapnRex101GalactusFowlerBricks

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 7,747
    edited May 15
    I suppose this means I'm never going to see a UCS Speeder Bike.

And on second thought, how is there not a Rey's Speeder available in this scale?
    Jackad7SeijiAmasawagmonkey76catwranglerjosekalel
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa Member Posts: 94
    I tried putting Rey on the #42036 (I worked on them at the same time) but it didn't work out.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,216
    Yeah, an irritating thing about the Rey figure is that it has that headscarf, which both limits the posability of the set and makes the head harder to use for non–Star Wars MOCs. Even if you build Rey's Speeder to scale with the buildable figures, that issue keeps you from posing her in a really natural way on it. I kind of hope we get a new Rey buildable figure for The Last Jedi without the headgear.

These sets are definitely pretty cool, and it's cool to get a constraction vehicle set again after so long (last one aside from the minifigure-scale "Invasion from Below" battle machines was a Hero Factory jet pack in 2013). The speeder bike seems to be priced pretty fairly even compared to Bionicle vehicle sets from nearly ten years ago. I do wish the supports underneath used the same sorts of transparent beams as #7962.
    bandit778
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 333
    Also flund the Stormtrooper Commander today at my Target. It was the only Summer set there.
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 104
    edited May 17

Congratz on your purchase.

Even though I am not a fan of the modern technic lego I have to admit this bike does look very good and making one from technic is interesting. The use of technic panels does not make it look as weird or out of shape as they do with so many other models.

The speederbike is one of the most awesome vehicles from starwars imo which probably does help,reys speeder bike is also great. Maybe its the space bike thing that somehow is appealing. Though not an official ucs set I don't think this set will look out of place when displayed with other ucf sets.

The stormtrooper I don't like much but that is more a general issue I have with non traditional lego. Setting that aside it does look very well and the set does look better with a figure.