Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Who designed the minifig?

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 955
edited May 16 in Everything else LEGO
While themes are usually the result of team efforts, focus groups and who knows what else, individual sets (to the best of my knowledge) usually have a single designer.

Does anybody know when the minifig as we know it first appeared, and if it was one person that was responsible for the original design, or whether it was a corporate effort?

I remember when I was small, my sister had #200 Lego family, which were brick built but had heads, hair and hands that aren't a million miles away from today's minifig.  Then I went into my dark ages, came back out 5 years ago, and there were minifigs everywhere!  

Edit - thinking about it, this has probably been asked before, so pre-emptive apologies for a potential double-post!

Comments