Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

DETOLF

xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 777
edited May 2017 in Collecting
I'm considering moving my collection from two deep shelves to an IKEA DETOLF cabinet.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/cabinets-sideboards/detolf-glass-door-cabinet-black-brown-art-10119206/

I know the UCS X-wing isn't going to fit in (I haven't seen any cabinet with internal dimensions big enough), but I assume the top of the cabinet is flat so it'll stand on top okay?

What have others done about lighting? The recommended LEDBERG light is a single, designed to fit under the top surface. Have others used this? I thought about having a light under each shelf but given that they're glass I thought all the extra wiring would be a bit unsightly.

How about UV protection, has anyone used UV film on a glass display cabinet to protect their collection?

Opinions and photos of LEGO on display in DETOLF cabinets welcome :)

Comments