Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Brick & Pieces limit

preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 55
I was just tasked with a last minute project at work that involves acquiring a lot of pieces so that we can build 600 giveaways.
I've put together a quick budget using only Brick&Pieces prices (most elements are not available on Pick a Brick) and the company seems fine with the final cost, but I'm worried I won't be able to place such a large order.
Has anyone tried ordering 10,000+ units of individual pieces through B&P? The website seems to max at 200 per element.

Thanks!

Comments

• willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 261
    Might be cheaper through Bricklink!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,849
    You cannot order that many pieces online. You will need to phone them to place an order like that. They may still sell them to you, but be prepared to answer some questions about their use and they are likely to expect you to agree to their policy about advertising and not using their name or logo as this sounds like promotional material for a company.

PS you mention last minute, don't expect them to be quick to deliver.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 955

Bricks & Pieces is slow. Like 2-3 weeks for a small order to arrive. (All B&P orders are shipped from Denmark.) Even if such a large order goes through, expect it to take a long time for them to deliver. I would call LEGO's customer service and ask if they would fulfill your order and how long it will take. When you have a deadline communication is key. 

Personally, I would just purchase the parts from BrickLink sellers, and definitely mention that I have a deadline to work with. Some sellers are better set up than others fulfilling large orders quickly.

• MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 83
    Plus, there was a period after the holidays where they were so bogged down at B&P that there was a banner saying that turnaround times were longer than usual. That being said, I find it much much faster than Pick A Brick. Both in filling and shipping as well as how long delivery takes. Usually about a week shipped for any orders I've placed. Its definitely Lego's best kept secret. 
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 810
    Considering they hand pick everything (from what I've heard), it makes sense why it is slow. But that does seem like too large of an order. Only thing to do is call. Good luck.