Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LDD Problems

TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 98
I was in LDD recently, and noticed that they did not have part #3680 or part #3679. Why is this?

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,922
    Yeah, that is odd considering that those are long running and fairly common pieces. Both are listed in LDD Extended though. 
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,029
    The turntable pieces ARE in LDD - I've used them myself. Try the search functionality, some of the categorisation of parts is a little off. 

Also are you in basic or advanced mode? Some parts aren't available in the basic mode (which could be why you weren't seeing them).
    edited June 2
    @MattDawson. Uh, isn't that what I said? Except that it's LDD Extended, not LDD Advanced.

@TheLegoMaster35. Here is a screen shot showing how to switch to LDD Extended and where those parts are found. Note that in Extended, all parts start out red and you can color them anything you want which can lead to problems if you try to use the LDD file to upload to a Bricklink wanted parts list.

• TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 98
    @ecmo47 Thanks! Unfortunately I was in Basic mode and as there is no way of transferring creations from one mode to another, I guess I will just have to sub in another part. @Huw@CapnRex101@drdavewatford, and @Matthew, I have my answer so feel free to close this thread. 
    edited June 2
    You can click in and out of LDD Extended at any time. There is no need to "transfer" creations. Click on LDD extended, add your 2x2 turntables, then click back to the basic LDD. Could not be easier.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 156
    I'm finding that the software has a load of problems. Recently, I've noticed that the ball joint bricks are not even aligned. The yellow ball joint brick is ever so slightly higher than the red socket brick, and it makes it impossible for builds where the respective halves are required to be level. Yes, there are 2 socket bricks, and its the same problem with both.
    Lyichir
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 597
    Use Stud.io. It is awesome.
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 88
    Does it have custom colors like LDD does?
    FowlerBricks
    ecmo47 said:
    You can click in and out of LDD Extended at any time. There is no need to "transfer" creations. Click on LDD extended, add your 2x2 turntables, then click back to the basic LDD. Could not be easier.
    No, you can't, I just tried. You might be able to go into extended from basic, but once you use any parts from extended, it won't go back, it will automatically go into extended when you open it. If anyone else knows how to go back without removing custom colors then tell me. Or at least a way to get printed bricks in Extended.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,029
    Printed bricks show up in basic automatically, and clicking a paint pot on an existing piece shows the (then) available colours and/or prints. 

However, the colour palette-to-part match up is old and not very accurate.
    I figured out how to transfer it. You have to use the menu options at the top to switch between basic or extended bricks, the home select screen doesn't work right at all. I recommend just using the menu options instead of the home screen since it seems to be bugged.
    Does it have custom colors like LDD does?
    Yes, it does.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,072
    Just decided to give Stud.io a shot as I am weary of LDD not having an up-to-date part collection. First thing I try is the ornamental fence 19121 and Stud.io doesn't have it either. That part is almost 3 years old and molded in 5 colors. really disappointing.
    Has anyone ever tried or is it even possible to create new parts for LDD or Stud.io? IE some sort of program mod that adds missing bricks to LDD or Stud.io.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 408
    Has anyone ever tried or is it even possible to create new parts for LDD or Stud.io? IE some sort of program mod that adds missing bricks to LDD or Stud.io.
    For LDD, doing so is against the End User License Agreement. I don't know if anything similar applies to Stud.io but since its parts are all sourced from other, open-source libraries (including the Ldraw library as well as I think a few others), it'd probably be more worth your while to work on those libraries themselves rather than try to skip ahead to modding parts directly into a specific software program.
    Just decided to give Stud.io a shot as I am weary of LDD not having an up-to-date part collection. First thing I try is the ornamental fence 19121 and Stud.io doesn't have it either. That part is almost 3 years old and molded in 5 colors. really disappointing.
    Stud.io is still in development, so there is a good chance that it will be added at some point.
  • gacgac CanadaMember Posts: 1
    This may have been asked before but I could not find a comment, is there a way to show the part numbers when you are in build guide mode for the parts in the left side screen that pop up to be added to the build? I am building a MOC with 5000+ parts and it is time consuming to find the part that is on the screen especially when some are very close to each other.