Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Newbie - Can anyone help?

HeatherHeather Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1
Hi

I have been given a Lego Brick truck which has been made by Lego for InPay. It can been seen here in the online building instructions  https://www.inpay.com/bricktruck/

Does anyone know if this is worth keeping in original packaging unopened to add collectable value should I just let son build it up?

Apologise if this is in the wrong place, am just new and not really a lego collector but love the unsual sets.

Thanks

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,788
    As far as I can tell, there is nothing special about the truck. It's only value is going to be the sum of the parts it's made of. Let your son play with it!
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 776
    Heather said:
    I have been given a Lego Brick truck which has been made by Lego for InPay.
    I have to say, it doesn't look like it was made "by LEGO".  There's no LEGO logo on the instructions, and it doesn't look like their software in the rendering.  It looks like it was done by a hobbyist, certified professional, or otherwise, not by LEGO itself.  If it were, it should have the logo on the packaging, and should probably have a set number.  ... Plus all the bells-and-whistles of age restrictions, etc.

If it WAS an official set made for Inpay, then it might indeed be worth something.  Rare sets like that can occasionally fetch a nice sum (although there isn't anything too interesting about this in particular, I don't think).

Anyway, if there's no LEGO logo, chances are excellent it's not official.  If there IS a logo, then chances are better-- but actual detailed pictures would probably help determine the validity.

DaveE
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,350
    I agree with the above. If LEGO is on the box / packet, then keep it sealed (for now). If not, open and build.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,189
    @Heather Could you post a picture of the box? That would make it easier to determine what type of set it is and answer your question.

It's not something from LEGO themselves, but could be from a Lego Certified Professional. In that case it might be collectible to some, otherwise it's just a MOC.
    sid3windr
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 7,367
    I'm always cautious - considering it's about the same as the Armored Transport from the Spider-Man set or the Prison Transport from the City - I would set this one aside.

(And give your son one of the alternative sets noted above.)