Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Help mounting 58827 (2x2x10 girder) horizontally

preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 53
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am trying to "ceiling mount" triangular support girders to create the look of a TV studio, but got stuck with the geometry.

The girder itself is 10 studs tall, which should have been easy to SNOT, but I can't seem to find the right combination of brackets to allow me to connect both the stud and the "anti-stud" ends. I even tried using jumpers to offset one of the ends, but found the half a stud offset didn't work with my initial choice of brackets (3956 and 44728).

I've also thought of just clipping one of the bars to something instead, but only one out of the three vertices of the triangle is an actual round bar, so if i use it to hang the thing from the ceiling I won't have a place to clip the lighting equipment to.

This is the part in question:

Which brackets or other SNOT elements would you use to attach it (on both ends) to the underside of a plate?

Thanks in advance!

Comments