Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Elder Scrolls Inspired MOC Ideas

elizabeth_szpytekelizabeth_szpytek Downers Grove, ILMember Posts: 4
Hi! My name is Elizabeth, and I was looking for suggestions on what I should build. I would really like to build something from the Elder Scrolls series, but it feels like everything I would want to build from it (e.g. temples, castles, cities, etc.) are far too grandiose for what I can do. I know I need to think somewhat small, but I can't really figure out what it is that I should make. Any ideas? Thanks!
77ncaachamps

Comments

• MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 591
    edited July 10
    Absolutely no idea about your source material, but have you considered building some of the things you REALLY want (temples,castles cities) at micro scale?  There are some great castles (the GOT ones come to mind) built at this scale and obviously TLG's own Architecture/ Skylines range can be used for ideas and inspiration.
    EDIT - Welcome! There are also threads here for What you're currently building and completed creations.
    elizabeth_szpytek
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,345
    Google the subject matter, including LEGO as a keyword, and look at what others have built for inspiration.
    77ncaachamps
  • elizabeth_szpytekelizabeth_szpytek Downers Grove, ILMember Posts: 4
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA said:Absolutely no idea about your source material, but have you considered building some of the things you REALLY want (temples,castles cities) at micro scale?
    That's a fantastic idea!! Thank you!
  • elizabeth_szpytekelizabeth_szpytek Downers Grove, ILMember Posts: 4
    Anyone else have any ideas? (Btw, Elder Scrolls is Skyrim, if that clarifies)

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 280
    edited July 12
    @elizabeth_szpytek

Hi and welcome to Brickset. A couple of thoughts...

The King of Elder Scrolls MOCs is Thorsten Bonsch in my opinion. You can see his Elder Scrolls builds in his specific Flickr album, although check out his Flickr stream as he is one of my favourite builders:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/xenomurphy/albums/72157665275666620

Grantmasters is one of the best microscale builders out there, you can see his work here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72062810@N08

Perhaps checking out some of their work and thinking about microscale options for Elder Scrolls scenes would be a fun way to try and capture your love of the subject matter? 

Enjoy!

77ncaachampsstluxKerreMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,615
    that pattern in the floor is so cool. I first thought it was a painted base
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 128
    Welcome to Brickset!

Are you looking for ideas on buildings and locations only? If not, how about a Dwarven spider? Wouldn't be too difficult if you own a couple of pearl gold elements (from ninjago sets for instance). Plenty of ideas on the internet on how to build a spider-like construct like that.  

As for a small-ish scale build, Winterhold wouldn't be too difficult if you base it around an 1x6x2 arch+ 2x inverted arch (ID 18653) for the bailey.

Personally, I'd give building a flame atronach a go based on the parts in the wave 1 and 2 Nexo Knight bad guys' sets. Or a Mehrunes Dagon vs Akatosh battle... 

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,558

Breezehome would be pretty simple to construct and it's small enough that even a mini-figure scale-accurate modular version could be built fairly easily.

If you look at The Elder Scrolls Online, they introduced housing back in February and many of the small houses are well-suited for modest-sized projects. Here's one of mine (an as-yet unfinished yard when I took this screen capture months ago), the Cyrodilic Jungle House.

Any of the various wayshrines would be even easier to create.