Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

How old are these bricks? (with pics!)

GortexGortex Halifax, CanadaMember Posts: 1
Hi there! I've been trying to find an answer online, but I can't pin down anything for all my searching.
I recently was given a big lot of random Lego pieces. When sorting, I noticed a few looked "odd."
As you can see in the pics below, there are no tubes in some of the bricks (the 1x6 on the far left is a modern one for comparison purposes). Also, the studs on top appear to have a slight raised lip around their edges.

How old might these bricks be? Is there a good guide online that can walk me through the history & evolution of the bricks?

LEGO_Dad77

Comments

• LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 398
    The white bricks are Samsonite.  That makes them from the 60s (maybe early 70s).  The red one also looks like to be 60s and possibly Samsonite.  It could be older if it were made out of CA rather than ABS.  Is the color of the red one off in anyway or doesn't look a different than a modern red brick?