Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

New, unknown Kraft/Velveeta promotional sets

LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 385
So I searching around eBay last week and ran across an auction for a small promotional set I wasn't familiar with.  It was a sealed Kraft/Velveeta promo of an unknown type with a flyer.  It all looks to me to be from the early 70s, late era Samsonite.  The seller thought there were 125 pieces, which matches was set #1 would be.  The box was stamped with 1258.  This fits with my theory on the set numbers of late era Samsonite are gotten from dropping the last number of the 4 digit number stamped on the box.

The flyers shows three more sets which are all different from early Kraft/Velveeta promo sets.  Set #4 in particular is much larger than any previous promo set that I'm aware of.   So other boxes would be stamped with 1568, 4268 and 9178 if I'm correct.

Sadly I didn't win the auction.  The price went higher than I was hoping it.  Fortunately the seller took some really good photos so I guess we can enjoy the pictures.

LEGO_Dad77catwrangler

Comments