Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
Which bricks are from which era?
I'm looking for a website, grand thread or other resource, preferably with pictures, that has information such as:
- Multi-digit markings on bricks and pieces began after XXXX, and exact part numbers on bricks and pieces after XXXX
- Between XXXX and XXXX, Lego experimented with lighter color yellow plastic for minifig hands
- Completely hollow minifig torsos existed between XXXX and XXXX, while torsos with smaller connectors between XXXX and XXXX, and the current format began in XXXX
- Minifig torso necks usually have black, white or silver paint on the front, but during XXXX and XXXX some didn't (is this even true?). Also, today, many torsos have no paint (reason? Maybe ones made in China don't?)
- Minifig arms began to have a Lego logo on the inside of the arm after XXXX (same with heads and legs on the inside)
- Between XXXX and XXXX, such-and-such line had notoriously bad printing...
- Space / Castle / City logo prints come in these variants... (somewhat pixelated, richer red/blue/whatnot, etc?)
Stuff like this... I'm hoping to piece together era-correct minifigs and sets, and wanted to ensure I'm doing it right. Also, I sometimes wonder if it's an after-market PAD print or just a poor quality print.
Thanks for reading, and a HUGE thanks in advance for any helpful replies!