Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[BILLUND] Suggestions?

MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 940
Aside from Legoland, and some of the usual tourist-y shops, are there any recommendations for shops in Billund to try for Lego? I've got some spare time tomorrow after arriving so would like to see what's around.

Comments

• gpfleging1gpfleging1 BentonvilleMember Posts: 2
    Matt...  There really aren't many shops of any kind directly in Billund.  There are like 5 grocery type stores, a sporting goods store (the best place if you need an additional travel bag) and a couple of other random shops.  There is no Lego store (or really any stores in town with Lego).  Every place has the same Lego House set and the newest grocery store that opened in June had a handful of other Lego sets.

The hotel has a shop inside that has some Lego in it and the park has a large store.  The Lego House will have a large shop once it opens.

The only other place that really had anything was the airport shop (which is the only place to get the airport set).

BTW.. If you are hungry when you are there, the pizza place (Billund Pizza & Steak) up the street from Ole's house was good.

Hopefully more stuff will be open at this time of the year than was open in June.

Have fun..
    messy
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,193
    Earlier in the year we found a charity shop that is potentially worth a look if it's still there - we found stuff that was most likely donated by LEGO employees - I got a LEGO Education messenger bag but there were also books and hats and the like that are likely hard to find but gold to AFOLs.

i think it was just down the road from the much famed bakery but sure @messy or @Russell844 can correct me if I'm wrong.

( @Adzbadboy I think this might interest you too from your earlier thread)
    messyRussell844sid3windr
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 771
    Worth remembering is that you can get into Legoland for free after 4pm. I assume this is still the case - it worked when we were there in 2015.
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 771
    The park closes at 6pm and the rides finish at 5pm. The shop is open until 6pm.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,407
    Shib said:
    Earlier in the year we found a charity shop that is potentially worth a look if it's still there - we found stuff that was most likely donated by LEGO employees - I got a LEGO Education messenger bag but there were also books and hats and the like that are likely hard to find but gold to AFOLs.

i think it was just down the road from the much famed bakery but sure @messy or @Russell844 can correct me if I'm wrong.

( @Adzbadboy I think this might interest you too from your earlier thread)

You are correct! It was on the same side of the road as the bakery. It was on the other side of some parking lot/field heading away from the town center.
    messyShibLostInTranslation
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 213
    As already mentioned Lego land has a few shops, as well as current lines there was a shop selling random old key chains. Non Lego related, the bakery had a good range of teas, and there was a nice walk along the sculpture trail around the edge of town, the supermarkets had lots of amusingly named confectionery products (if you don't get out much like me!)
    Russell844LostInTranslationkhmellymel
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,193
    ^I would add some photos but fear they might be a little too close to memes ;-P
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,131
    edited August 23
    ^ Just add a sigfig.  They're fine.  ;)
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 940
    Thanks for the suggestions all. Visited the charity shop but aside from a Chima bag had nothing. Currently on a supermarket perusal and then I think I'll go to my hotel for the evening 
    sid3windr