Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Trying to Gauge interest in Marvel/DC Lego Comics

Hi all! I have fifteen or so Marvel and DC comic booklets from the sets, almost all in great condition. I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it to try and sell/trade them away or just keep them. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 408
    I've never thought they were that great myself. I just "read" one that came with the Ayesha's Revenge set and it depicts a story that doesn't even match what happened in the movie. But, given the range of interests in this hobby, somebody somewhere probably collects them.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,715
    They rarely sell on BL, and when they do it is for pennies. Remember many resellers part sets out and these are typically unwanted compared to parts, and so available in very large quantities on BL.

Take this one:

14 sold on BL in the past six months for about 20-25 cents average. Someone is offering them at 5c, and has bulk quantities. There are 535 currently availalble. That is enough to last about 20 years based on current buying rates.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 312
    CCC said:
    They rarely sell on BL, and when they do it is for pennies. Remember many resellers part sets out and these are typically unwanted compared to parts, and so available in very large quantities on BL.

Take this one:

14 sold on BL in the past six months for about 20-25 cents average. Someone is offering them at 5c, and has bulk quantities. There are 535 currently availalble. That is enough to last about 20 years based on current buying rates.
    Yeah, which is why I didn't try BL. I guess the trick would be finding a collector of these things.  
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,289
    CCC said:

Take this one:

Yeah, which is why I didn't try BL. I guess the trick would be finding a collector of these things.  
    Nope, the trick isn't finding a collector,  it's making them buy them.

Any collector who wants them will have them I would imagine, buying them for pennies now instead of in the future when they might cost more...... might.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 312
    I assumed that they wouldn't hold a ton of interest, but you never know until you ask. I guess I'll just hold onto them for now. Thanks for all the opinions!