Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Security Certificate Warning Message

OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 131
When visiting the main site this annoying pop up keeps happening alerting me to some security certificate being out of date or some junk like that, I am not sure if this is directly linked to some ads or the main Brickset site itself, but the thing will pop up at least fifteen to twenty times no matter if I click no or yes.

Is this an issue with an advertisers ad on the site or something to do with Brickset itself? And can it be repaired? It's exceptionally annoying.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,805
    Not seen it myself. Are you logged in?
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 131
    Huw said:
    Not seen it myself. Are you logged in?

At the moment I am, logging in seems to erase the problem, however it is a huge problem for folks coming to the site casually and perhaps using HTTPS instead of HTTP... if that's still an option these days.

It's not all for the same thing, I took the time to look into one... Should have taken a screenshot with clip, but I have no way of showing it here, but it had something to do with Amazon to Kkul or some odd little name like that which owned the certificate. The dates were from between 2017 to 2018 though so I'm not sure why it would be saying it's out of date unless there's some odd code error or something with these certificates.

If it happens for folks who aren't logged in I'm not surprised that it hasn't been mentioned before.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,805
    OK, sounds like an ad network issue. If you experience it again please take a screenshot if you can and I'll send it to them.