Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego on-line shop sales & deals

vilhenavilhena Macau - ChinaMember Posts: 17
Does anyone know the Lego's policy behind their Sales & Deals options?
Today, 2017-9-15, in USA site have 176 items on sale. In UK, 23. In Portugal, 7 (and not even a single brick set...).
I wonder... Is it fair? we are not all Lego costumers, or some are "more costumers" than others?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,871
    DIfferent warehouses have different amounts of stock that are not selling well. Yesterday, UK had quite a few Dimensions packs that were about 75% off, which is why they disappeared quickly.

dougtsstluxmadforLEGO
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 786
    Belgium has 0 "sales & deals" in over 10 months of the year... :'(
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,377
    @sid3windr To be fair on TLG: Belgium has such idiotic sales laws, that I can't blame them for just saying "Nope, not gonna even try comprehend those. Too bad for those Belgians still living in Belgium" ;)
    sid3windr
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,874
    That number is now 113. Of that, only 51 are items that are in-stock. USA site holds things in the Out-of-stock status for a while for some reason. Further breaking things down, 12 are actual Lego sets, 7 are Dimensions, 1 CMF series, and the rest are accessories like foam swords, picture frames, ice cube trays and other items most of us pass on. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,077
    edited September 16
    All I know is I'm a consumer, not a costumer. ;-)
    ecmo47 said:
    That number is now 113. Of that, only 51 are items that are in-stock. USA site holds things in the Out-of-stock status for a while for some reason. Further breaking things down, 12 are actual Lego sets, 7 are Dimensions, 1 CMF series, and the rest are accessories like foam swords, picture frames, ice cube trays and other items most of us pass on. 
    I believe that the US does this due to LEGO store return policies in the US (where items have to go back on a shelf) or if actual Brick and Mortar stores have stocks left. Not sure how the rest of the world works with that.
    Also, many regions have stocks of things that other do not, or did not have in supply in their region to begin with.

@stlux It isn't really that hard to comprehend the difference between discounts and solden though :-( There's at least 8 months of the year they could legally provide some discounted sets :-)
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,377
    True, but then they would need to have a separate Sales and Deals page for the Belgian S@H. Think of the poor hamsters! 
    Kerre
    Not convinced about that - they seem to be able to use the page during January, so no reason not to also use it Feb-May Aug-Nov (if they want to be on the safe side with all the silly regulation).
    Kerre
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,917
    ecmo47 said:
    That's the breakdown that keeps the US with most of the globe in a relative "sales playing field".
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,720
    ^^ I had this strange urge to ask about Belgian sales laws, and then I came to my senses! :-)
    ShibLegogramOrmskirkBrickssid3windromnium
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 163
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,077
    edited September 19
    My, that's a shed-load of sheds
    Mynattsid3windrmak0137Mr_CrossBumblepants
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 48
    Perhaps they should shed some laws <drops mike>
    omniumMr_CrossMattDawson
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,720

Thanks @Kerre! That sounds... interesting. I presume lawyers are happy in Belgium? Or are they really stressed because even they can't understand it? Either way, I like Duvel, and should try the others (I shall remain silent regarding Stella Artois, right?).

And to keep this on topic, I shall say that there are 9 Sales and Deals on the UK site right now, and none of them are straight Lego sets (Dimensions, gear, accessories and key chains all round).