Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Should I go for this?

Zacharywathen97Zacharywathen97 Lenexa, KansasMember Posts: 41
The best part about working at Toys R Us is that they have an open-box return policy Similar to any LEGO store. The Toys R US I work at is in front of the largest mall in my state and is ranked #9 out of 150 stores in six neighboring states, so I get a lot of business. I am fortunate enough to be working often enough to see people return about 5 opened sets or so every month and the manager always marks them down 50% or so and stores them in the back until the clearance cart gets low (which isn't very often). If I'm really lucky, I can get one of the coworkers to allow me to use my employee discount for another 10% off. Here are the sets I have got so far, and how much I paid for them:

75878 Bugatti Chiron- $6.50 (reg $14.99)
41140 Daisy's Beauty Salon- $4.50 (reg $9.99)
60096 Deep Sea Operation Base $54.50, couldn't get my employee discount but was $49.90, tax here is 10% (reg $99.99)

Now then, there are two more sets that I see in the back that I want to ask your opinion about:

70909 Batcave Break-In $49.90 (reg $99.99)
75163 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle- $4.90 (reg $9.99)

Which one should I go for? I only have about $50 and I can only get one. I could go for the larger one, but I would somehow need to gather the $5 for tax should I not be able to use my employee discount as some employees are better than others at this. I also have other things I'd like to buy so the smaller set looks appealing.

Comments