Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello from Sydney AU.

CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 38
I am someone that has gotten back into Lego in the last 5 years or so.
I did play with sets as a child in the 90's but thanks to gender stereotypes my parents only got me Paradisa and sometimes little Town sets. My brothers got the Castles and various space themed sets, and later took posession of my sets after I built them and turned them into forts with guns and lasers attatched. My pizza parlour and resort sets looked like a warzone after they were finished with them.
Then we moved to Australia and I got into other things growing up.

One day it just happened. I saw the Grand Emporium. I just had to have it. It was so cute.
Built it then wanted more. So I saw the Town Hall with the bride and groom and had to have that too! That's how it started and ever since then I have bought the modulars every year. (Only missing the first 3) I also build the Creator houses and buildings, Star Wars, Simpsons, City and anything that takes my interest.
Next set I'm looking for is Ninjago City. Wanting to get it in a store here but will buy it online if it doesn't appear somewhere. I have no idea what Ninjago is but that set looks amazing. Destinys Bounty is another set that I want as well.
Currently building the Old Fishing Store with Assembly Square waiting to be built.

SalamalexMAGNINOMINISUMBRA

Comments