Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

UCS Falcon Leicester Square Event - VIP Card Swap

Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles LondonMember Posts: 48
So based on previous discussions around here, the consensus of people who attended the event and got their Falcons is that TLG should have given out the appropriately numbered black VIP card for the queue card you had, ie. If you were in queue position 21, they should have given you VIP card 021.

However as we know, what actually happened is that you got a random one out of the hundred available. Case in point, I was queue position 93/150, and got VIP card 17.

I had my falcon signed and numbered with 93/150 (And am very happy with that), but I wouldn't lie if it's a little annoying the VIP card doesn't match.

With that in mind, does anyone have card 093, that they'd be willing to swap for card 017?

I thought we could also use this thread as a general swap thread for those with these cards if others want to do the same.

Cheers!
mustang69omniumhewman

Comments

• Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles LondonMember Posts: 48
    edited September 20
    Calling @Adzbadboy, @Legoboy, @CodeCutterUK, @omnium, @doe, @caterham7, @manofreason23, @OrmskirkBricks, @clickabrick, @DarthMorl, and anyone else that might have been in the queue that evening.

@Huw I know you weren't there, but perhaps you have some means of getting in touch with people that were.

If no-one is interested in this, then please ignore. :) I just thought this could be a way of getting people matched up with their appropriately numbered card, if possible.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,204
    edited September 20
    @DarthMorl has business card #17/150 and VIP #5/100.  His problem is that he had 5/100 added to his set box otherwise I suspect he would have torn your arm off to lay his hands on your VIP #17.

Have no idea where VIP #93 Is however.

You're in the same place me although I have The comfort of having two relevant numbers to me on my purchase "88mph" and #23 - 'big and black'.  The cards should have matched though and so easily could have with a little bit of pre-planning.  Could have been so simple.  One person for an hour to sort them.  That is if they weren't sent to the store in order in the first place and the store just umbled them up without thinking.  Something we will never know.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 272
    @Mr_Hobbles and @DarthMorl could swap business cards, so then @Mr_Hobbles
    would have a matching set. @DarthMorl would be no better off, of course. But I don't rate the chances of two people of having an exact match appearing on here.

I have queue/business card 87 and VIP card 99.
    edited September 20
    ^ as long as number 93 is not already written on his box I guess that would work, otherwise it may be considered weird for him to have two number 17 and an oddly numbered box not relating to anything.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles LondonMember Posts: 48
    edited September 20
    That's correct, I have 093/150 on the box, so it would put myself and @DarthMorl in equally weird positions if we swapped - matching queue and VIP cards, but with boxes that have a number with no relation to anything else.

@omnium I wouldn't say exact matches are required, just some folks kind enough to swap so at least one of the parties has a matching set. :) Eventually, with enough swaps, more matches could be found too.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 272
    edited September 20
    Oh, this could very complicated. You're going to have to start swapping signed sets too ;-)
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 261

Would swap for three numbers, but one was definitely being kept by the owner, one is / was on eBay and I've no idea who has number 69!

• clickabrickclickabrick SuffolkMember Posts: 6
    @MrHobbles
    This is certainly one OCD itch I hope you get to scratch. I’d love to have the same problem, but my number is in the 130s so I’m no use here. My itch is wondering how much earlier I needed to arrive to have made the top 100. 
    Good luck finding/getting your number. 
    @MrHobbles
    This is certainly one OCD itch I hope you get to scratch. I’d love to have the same problem, but my number is in the 130s so I’m no use here. My itch is wondering how much earlier I needed to arrive to have made the top 100. 
    Good luck finding/getting your number. 
    The 100th person joined the queue at around 17:20-30.   J.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,871
    Legoboy said:
    The cards should have matched though and so easily could have with a little bit of pre-planning.  Could have been so simple.  One person for an hour to sort them.  That is if they weren't sent to the store in order in the first place and the store just umbled them up without thinking.  Something we will never know.
    They obvioulsy wanted you all to have an extra quest to fulfill.

• clickabrickclickabrick SuffolkMember Posts: 6
    Thanks @Legoboy
    Seems it was mission impossible for me unless I took time off work during the afternoon. Well done those who made the top 100. Commiserations I guess for the 101st and 151st persons joining. 
    Thanks @Legoboy
    Seems it was mission impossible for me unless I took time off work during the afternoon. Well done those who made the top 100. Commiserations I guess for the 101st and 151st persons joining. 
    As is what some did.  I was supposed to be having a heart monitor fitted so in addition to cancelling my hospital appointment also took the day off work.  I am aware others were struck down with a 48 hour bug.  A day in London and a second to recover.  ;)