Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

2017 Monthly Building Contest - October: TRA LA LA!!!

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 975
Hello builders!

For my first go at hosting a Monthly Build comp, I've gone with one of my favourite things - Music!

I'd like to see anything music related.  You could go for...

- A model of a musical instrument
- A scene / vignette of a musical theme: a band playing, a conductor with an orchestra, somebody putting their feet up listening to an album, a DJ spinning the wheels of steel...
- Pick a lyric from a favourite song and build something that illustrates the words.  If you do this, please quote the song and the lyrics so we can all appreciate it properly!
- Anything else that your muse suggests, as long as you can make a convincing argument that it falls under the heading of 'Music'.

The prize will be one MISB #40225 Olympic Mascot set from Rio last year (I say mint, it had to survive 14 hours in my suitcase, so pretty-good-sealed-in-box is more like it), and I'm sure I can find something in The Box Of Polybags.

The Rules

- We'd like a new MOC rather than recycling anything previously built
- Fit within the theme of Music. The above suggestions are just a guide, feel free to do your own thing
- If building a scene, please restrict it to no larger than a 32x32 baseplate
- Please post no more than three photos in the thread - if you'd like to post more, please link to an external account such as Flickr
- If it's not immediately obvious what you've built, or if you're illustrating a particular song, please give a description
- The winner will probably be the post with most likes, but I reserve the right to pick something else if I really, really like it 
- Only pictures that are posted before midnight (GMT) on Oct 31st will be eligble

Happy building!

Boo
snowhitieLostInTranslationBumblepantsMAGNINOMINISUMBRASirBrickalotOfLegoTheOriginalSimonBFowlerBricksbandit778LegogramcatwranglerShibkezGothamConstructionCoSirBendavetheoxygenmanricecakeMr_CrossthenateraterHangedSanchezstlux

Comments