Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO VIP Loyalty Program

AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,489
Can anyone confirm if LEGO will void a VIP card when purchasing more than the maximum household limit of a single set, even if it’s made through separate purchases / days? Is it worth taking a risk?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,882
    It is possible to buy more than the household limit of a set and use a VIP card and for it not to be revoked. However, some people have been banned from buying through S@H for abusing limits. In these cases, I don't think it was a case of buying one too many sets on a single set, more like buying loads for obvious resale.

Online these days they tend to catch repeat orders if they take you over the limit, and cancel the entire order anyway. In store it is less likely they will catch it - or just don't use the VIP card or use someone else's card.

They can also link accounts if you pay by the same credit card with different accounts with different addresses, or open a new account with a different address but one you have already used as an alternative delivery address with a similar name. I got caught with the latter once. I had my niece's birthday present sent direct to my brother's house. He then opened an account with his postal address and they linked it to mine. I had to phone to get the accounts unlinked. I also pointed out that it was a fairly serious data protection breach, since they merged his account and order history with mine. We obviously have different first names but have the same first initial, so they still linked them.

Adzbadboy
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,882
    edited October 10
    This might also be useful. It is a long thread, but interesting!

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/10381/banned-from-buying-from-lego-s-h/p1

This came soon after the XMAS 2012 minecraft issues.
    Adzbadboy
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 869
    There is some wiggle room on the quantity limits. #853354 Holiday Ornament was on sale recently on S@H for $2.00, limit 5. Several other ornaments were listed but had low stock, and I was prompted to call customer service to order them. The others were out of stock, but the nice lady in customer service got approval to send me 20 of the #853354 ornaments. The same ornament is now back up to $7.99 on S@H. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Washington, USAMember Posts: 480
    What about applying a "one time use" promo code to multiple orders? I attended Brickcon and my wife and I received codes for a Lego Store Employee polybag. I added a code to each of my orders last night thinking I could use them on any orders over $35. I didn't see anything actually add to the cart, so I guess we'll see what happens. Only after reading this thread did I see in the small print "Limit one per household". 

Seems like the Lego system should/would screen for that. I mean, they have the best website ever...