Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Feedback on first MOC

stickbug29stickbug29 United StatesMember Posts: 68
Hello all!
I have been collecting Lego for many years, but really haven't had much interest in designing sets of my own until this month.  But golly, it's been crazy fun.  Stud.io is incredible.  I've messed around with all sorts of random models, but I'm finally getting to one that I would like to finalize and order, in a little Minifigure Stand Lockbox.

Before I ordered, I just wanted some feedback from people with more experience, namely on two areas:
1. I want the top to look as detailed as possible, what would you change or add to accomplish that for yourself? For one I was wondering if all green tile covering the open studs would look more refined.
2. Is there a way to improve the locking mechanism, preferably saving more room in the box?  I messed around with a couple of options, and this was the only one I could really get to work. 

Any other recommendations is welcome as well, thank you!

FowlerBrickssnowhitie

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,882
    edited October 12
    I'd leave the studs showing. It is LEGO, after all.

I'd also replace the pink and white round tiles with proper 1x1 flowers, if that is what they are meant to be.

You could also move the interior locking mechanism higher and that would allow it to be closer to the edge. You could use a technic brick instead of the yellow piece, for example.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,714

an idea for a locking mechanism. it would require a key, like in #70627 dragon forge. something you can slot in the blue pin.