Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

40178 VIP Set - Discolouration of parts

eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 94
I received my copy of the #40178 VIP Set yesterday, and set about putting it together yesterday evening.

During the build I noticed basically all of the 1x1 white tiles and most of the 4x2 white tiles are very yellowed, and after finishing I took a second look at the entire model and came to the conclusion almost all the white pieces are yellowed, except for the 4x1 bricks and maybe the 2x1 tiles:

Is there anyone else experiencing the same; and would it be worth contacting Lego CS for?

I know its quite hard for Lego to get all the pieces the same colour as they stem from different factories/machines/etc, but I've never experienced this so clearly. It's almost like the set was put together out of used bricks.

Comments