Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

webservice to get inventory

FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 881
@Huw,
  I am evaluating and demo-ing a set of products, and to make it interesting I would like to use our beloved block. I have a few technologies that I need to use, and it may appear a bit forced, but I am attempting to do the following:
  • Retrieve all* sets Lego has released.
  • Parse the data and store it in a time series database
  • Chart the changes in sets over time invloving many factors such as
    • Number of sets
    • Number of themes
    • Number of pieces
    • Number of pieces broken down by
      • color
      • size
      • introduction of new elements
  This is just a beginning to what I plan on charting, but as you know; it all comes down to the data, and in my case the best way to get it. I am aware of your web services and I plan on using many of them as they are great. However, I do not see a way to get set inventory, and the set inventory is where the most interesting patterns can be found. Is there an undocumented service I could hit to get that? Is there another site that has a service available? Any advice would be appreciated.

I will be using Apache NiFi for the workflow and web service support. Logstash for data manipulation (if necessary). InfluxDB for the time series database. Finally, Grafana for the visualization.

Comments