Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Monthly Building Contest - November 2017: Mash-ups

TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 811
Here we go folks, another month, another inspirational idea for you to build something about and maybe win a prize.  This month, mash those themes together and see what falls out.  Let's see Elves in space, underwater Ninja, Technic Friends, a Police Castle or whatever combinations take your fancy.

The rules:

All entries must be new and created for this competition.

Size doesn't matter - I'm looking for the best use of style/colours/parts/inspiration from the themes you choose reflected in the build.  If you have time and space for something enormous that's great!  The important thing is to have fun, be creative and mix things up.

But you can't just swap the figures from one set into another and claim to have mashed the themes!

Entries must be posted in this thread by end of play on 30th November.  Stick a picture or two here and if you want to link to more shots elsewhere that's also allowed and will help me make my choice if I need alternative views to make a final decision.

The winner will be announced as early in December as I can manage, so hopefully the prize will arrive for a Christmas bonus.

As an example, I've combined Elves (character and colours) with Ninjago (construction style and concept) to make Miku's Mech:

Have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
BumblepantssnowhitiemsandersSirBrickalotOfLegoLegopantsFowlerBricksbandit778stluxGothamConstructionCoSalamalexvizzitorMynattSpeedman29ricecakeWicksy80mafonLittleLoriMr_Crosssid3windrthe_creative_boxeanaircatwranglerkiki180703tallblocktoo

Comments