Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Brickset API -> login...does userHash ever expire?

RexfelisRexfelis Snohomish, WAMember Posts: 13
How often, if ever, does the userHash expire after a login API call?

Based on my calls to checkUserHash, it *seems* like this either never expires, or has a pretty long expiration period.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,749
    I think it's pretty long, but it definitely expires, as I've had to re-login a few times. Strangely, it always seems to be after I've accessed Brickset from a different device - it's like it will only allow you to be logged in on two or three devices at once, and if you try accessing it with a third (or fourth) you won't be logged in - even if you've previously been logged in on that device.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,847
    edited November 9
    Never expires but will become invalid if the user changes username or password.

^ You are thinking of the login cookie which does expire from time to time.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,749
    Yes probably. I also think I'm thinking of the forum login, rather than that for the main site.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,797
    edited November 10

I know that for me the forum login cookie gets sent to oblivion multiple times per day whilst at work. But that's probably a config my employer wants to enforce, rather than something wrong with Vanilla. I only notice because I open about 15 tabs at once and peruse throughout the day. When I want to post I have to login in again.

Edit: although not this time, hooray!