Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Odd Bricklink buying requirement

I've just placed some orders on Bricklink, and have come across something which I've not seen before. One buyer has put a restriction on the dimensions of the largest package he can ship, causing me to get the below message when I tried to check out:

Items do not fit in the package

Max dimension: 4.5 cm x 1.6 cm x 3.5 cm
Max weight: 15000 g

Your items do not meet seller's package dimension requirement. Please remove some items from your cart.

Now, of the items that I want to buy from him, one is 14 studs long and the other is 16 studs long. There's therefore a slight problem here, in that these are way longer than the maximum dimensions that he can ship. In fact, a 1x6 plate wouldn't fit into his dimensions. I've never come across anyone selling something they can't ship before.

I've messaged him about it, but I can't quite believe someone would put those restrictions on packaging and expect to get any sales. I'd also like to see him fit 15kg of Lego into a package that small!

Has anyone else seen restrictions like this?

Comments