Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

When has the B model been superior to the A model?

MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 500
edited November 19 in Building and Techniques
After seeing new images of #42087 Mack Anthem I was really excited about the main model as it did an excellent job at capturing the look and overall form of the truck. However, when I saw the images for the second model, I found myself enjoying the dump truck much more than the main model. I really enjoy the main truck part of the mack anthem but the trailer is just mediocre for me. As for the dump truck, it has a great design in its entirety and would do well as a display piece. 

I had this same thought earlier in the year when images of #31081 Modular Skate House came out. It's not to say that I dislike the skate house but I'd have to say that I much prefer the arcade and skatepark as models. I enjoy the whole wacky and crazy kind of feel from the A model but I much prefer the realistic attributes of the skatepark and arcade. 

This got me to thinking, when have the B (or C) models been superior to the A models? 

Comments