Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

NXT Intelligent Brick - any help for failed display?

datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 964
I picked up another Mindstorms set recently and the display on the #9841 NXT Intelligent Brick is not working. I believe it is just the display that has quit, as it still sings its little song on startup and makes sounds when I press the buttons. I just want to get Bluetooth turned on so I can control it using the phone app.

I've watched several YouTube videos that suggest pulling it apart and either replacing capacitors or re-seating a ribbon cable. Before I go tearing this thing apart, has anyone else on the forum run into this and successfully repaired it? If so, what method worked for you?

Comments

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 964
    LEGO customer service is the standard all companies should strive for. I sent them an email Sunday to find out if it was possible to buy a replacement for my NXT Intelligent Brick with the busted display. I just received a reply letting me know that a replacement has been shipped and should arrive in 7 to 10 business days!
    ricecakekiki180703LittleLoristlux