Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Problems with Inbound into customs?

I had a friend of mine send me a package from Poland near the beginning of the month and it only got to new york this week. the tracking number said 'Inbound into customs' around three days ago and i'm not sure when i should expect it to get to me in Texas. Any tips would be helpful.

Comments

• alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 198
    edited November 30
    Can’t believe anything postal service says.

ive had packages delivered to my house in PA and the tracking system still says inbound into customs in NY.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 972
    edited November 30
    That's quite normal. I had two international packages come in recently, and they showed in the New York Customs facility for 3-4 days before they moved on from there. Once the packages left New York, it took another 3-4 days for me to receive the packages in Florida. I don't think you need to worry at this point.
    Lego_Star
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 78
    My personal experience with international shipping is that you have absolutely no way of telling how long it's actually going to take.  I've had international shipments breeze through and get to me in a week and a half... and I've had them get bogged down and take 3 months to work through the system as well.  I would say I wouldn't start to get really worried until the 2 month mark for most international shipments, and it sounds like you're ahead of that.  I do find that usually once it actually makes it into the US, movement seems to speed up quite a bit.
  • littleblueteacupbabylittleblueteacupbaby HellMember Posts: 2
     I got an update this morning! Can't say if it'll be here this week though. Thank you all for the tips and information you gave me. 
    Fizyx