Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Are we going to see MF stock before Xmas?

The UCS MF has turned out to be a bit of a non-event, hasn’t it?

Still not for sale pretty much anywhere and you’d think TLG would be ensuring they can see it for Xmas. 

Super frustrating!!

Now I see MF buyers are getting special discount cards for 2018 purchases. Nice if we’d been given a chance to purchase!!
RTO

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,242
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,922
    uhhh...you had the same chance as all the rest of us that either stood in long lines or battled through the Lego.com website to place an order.
    M_Bosssid3windr
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 414
    Highly doubtful and even if they did it would be sold out in minutes.  If you are within decent distance to a physical Lego store keep checking in with them, stores are getting random shipments.  And yes, he had the same chance of getting one as anyone else, but dealing with a completely broken website was still frustrating.
    Covi
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 78
    edited November 30
    I'm pretty sure that the 'random shipments' that stores are getting are still already claimed by someone on the waitlist, which I believe is closed at this point.  I could be wrong, of course, but our local store has gotten several shipments, and all of the stock has been spoken for.  People have had 24/48 hours to get into the store and pick it up, or it would be passed on to the next person on the waitlist at that location.  And we were told that the waitlist was being administered nationally, not through our local store.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 1,963
    @Fizyx ; Did you go to the Mills store since it re-opened from it's 6 month closure to see if they had any in stock?
    edited November 30
    We did, actually, because we were curious also.   And that's why I only said local store (Park Meadows) instead of local storeS :P  They almost laughed when we asked them, lol.  They did confirm that no, they don't have any, and no, they are not expecting to see any anytime soon. :)

(Completely aside:  I like the Mills store so much more than the Park Meadows store... way more open and friendly, and I've had much better experiences with the people there, so I'm super glad it's back open and I can stop going to Park Meadows every month or so!)
    I was unaware of a nationally organized in store wait list, my apologies, I was just going by the various stories on here of people luckily picking one up when their store got some. The people that spoke of wait lists made it sound way more informal and varied store to store. 
    No worries.  I only knew it was national because I talked to the people at my store when I signed up after the emails direct from LEGO went out that there was going to be a waitlist.  My store couldn't even tell me what spot I was in for their location, only that I was around ~400th on the list nationally.  I'm assuming that anyone that was able to walk in and get one was probably getting one that a waitlisted person hadn't been able to be contacted on or hadn't been able to pick up, and that location didn't have any other waitlisted people. 

I DO know for a fact that the absolute soonest the waitlist might have been emptied of waiting people was this past weekend, as my sister was on the waitlist and just got hers then... but she still signed up pretty early and I don't feel like she was likely to be in the 'last' tier of the waitlist.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 972

Even though LEGO was trying to make it sound like we will be getting more soon, I knew we won't be seeing any until at least next spring based on everything I have seen and heard.

The Saturn V has been unavailable since the summer. That's a small set relative to the Falcon, and they still aren't able to catch up.

Also, someone on Twitter said yesterday that LEGO's customer service told them that they won't be able to catch up with the waiting list for two years! And that's just the people who are already on the waiting list! I don't know if it's true, I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. LEGO's factories are already running 24/7 at maximum capacity... we may be waiting for the Falcon for a long time...

@akunthita We were actually talking with some of our local store people about the Saturn V and the MF a couple months ago, and they had actually heard that the unavailability of the Saturn V was tied to the MF, in that the MF was taking up capacity that they had expected to be able to switch back over to the Saturn V, but the demand was too much higher than expected, so they had to stay with the MF production instead.  This even though the Saturn V is also a highly in-demand set... the demand for the MF was just on a whole nother level. 

I saw somewhere that they expected their first 20k units to last until at least Christmas, but that they had sold far more than that just on release day.  I don't know if the source was accurate on that, but I certainly find it believable seeing how the whole situation played out.
    akunthitakiki180703
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,432
    Glasgow brand store had a delivery of another 20 or so in, they were selling the last of those last Wednesday. A staff member remarked there were about 3 left when I arrived and in the short time I was in the store, they were gone.

I was going to comment after I left the store that they had a few left (in store signal isn't good and I was short on time) but it was moot by then. 

I'd say if you want one you have to be lucky, aswell as regularly visit or call your local store.
    stluxkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,471
    No waiting lists in Europe, just a trickle of deliveries to stores. If you still want one this year, check with your local store regularly, so they can tell you when they'll get in the shipment. They will not take any reservations, but will be happy to hold one for you if you call them the day they get a delivery for pickup that day.

Availability should be much better next year, with other retailers also putting this set on their shelf. CS of a Belgian toy chain confirmed they would get stock on Jan 17.
    FizyxLego_Starkiki180703
    @stlux: Yeah, I had a feeling that NA/Europe were being handled differently with the wait list... personally, I'm glad the US had the wait list, although that may just be because I got on early enough to get one in a reasonable time.

One other thing about the wait list:  When I signed up for the wait list, I asked about the black VIP card, and was told that if you were on the wait list (in NA), you would get the black VIP card, even if they weren't able to get you your set until after December 31st. 
    akunthita
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 972
    Fizyx said:
    @akunthita We were actually talking with some of our local store people about the Saturn V and the MF a couple months ago, and they had actually heard that the unavailability of the Saturn V was tied to the MF, in that the MF was taking up capacity that they had expected to be able to switch back over to the Saturn V, but the demand was too much higher than expected, so they had to stay with the MF production instead.  This even though the Saturn V is also a highly in-demand set... the demand for the MF was just on a whole nother level. 

I saw somewhere that they expected their first 20k units to last until at least Christmas, but that they had sold far more than that just on release day.  I don't know if the source was accurate on that, but I certainly find it believable seeing how the whole situation played out.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that.
    Fizyx
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 555
    ecmo47 said:
    uhhh...you had the same chance as all the rest of us that either stood in long lines or battled through the Lego.com website to place an order.
    That's not really a fair statement.  Yes, I got one, but if every single person who wanted one had stood in line or been online trying, there still wouldn't have been enough to go around.  Some people stayed online and waited in line and still ended up empty handed.  Not everyone who tried got what they wanted and I don't blame them one bit for being frustrated.  I consider myself lucky to have received one.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,802
    akunthita said:

Also, someone on Twitter said yesterday that LEGO's customer service told them that they won't be able to catch up with the waiting list for two years! And that's just the people who are already on the waiting list! I don't know if it's true, I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. LEGO's factories are already running 24/7 at maximum capacity... we may be waiting for the Falcon for a long time...

that's quite ironic after announcing they will lay off a significant portion of their work force. though maybe it didn't mean slowing down production
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 276
    edited November 30
    stlux said:

Availability should be much better next year, with other retailers also putting this set on their shelf. CS of a Belgian toy chain confirmed they would get stock on Jan 17.

Yeah... about that.

I wanted to follow up on what happened on the 14th and talked to several people within that chain (Fun.be). That stock was sold out on the 14th and they don't expect any additional stock. One chat I had made them pull the item from their webshop on the spot. 
    stluxsid3windr
  • danielnzlegodanielnzlego Member Posts: 28
    ecmo47 said:

Nope, I do not have a LEGO store in my country, nor did I receive the VIP invitation to purchase, so I never had the opportunity. Many others have said the same.
    ecmo47 said:

Nope, I do not have a LEGO store in my country, nor did I receive the VIP invitation to purchase, so I never had the opportunity. Many others have said the same.
    Invitation?  In the US you just went to the site, didn't need anything special outside of just being a VIP to buy.  It took me about two hours to finally get my order through. 
    Invitation?  In the US you just went to the site, didn't need anything special outside of just being a VIP to buy.  It took me about two hours to finally get my order through.
    My understanding was that VIPs were being invited to purchase first and that we'd we'd be notified when it was available. I never got an email.
    My understanding was that VIPs were being invited to purchase first and that we'd we'd be notified when it was available. I never got an email.
    We may have gotten a reminder email that is was going on sale or something, but there was nothing special allowing us to buy, we just showed up.  Anyone with a VIP account could buy (or try to buy in this case).
    sid3windr
    I'm talking about buying online. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have a local LEGO store.
    I'm talking about buying online. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have a local LEGO store.
    So am I.  I'll try to clarify, you didn't need any special invitation or email to have the privilege to buy online, you just needed to be a VIP and click buy on the S@H website (or in my case click 345,567 times).
    gmonkey76stluxKerreBumblepants
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 1,963
    ^ You also needed a lot of luck getting through. I can't count the number of times I was checking out only to have it removed after I entered payment info. 
    HanzoFizyxgmonkey76stlux
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,242
    There was no VIP invite, it was just early purchase.
    stluxsid3windr