Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

2017 Monthly Building Competition - December: Twenty Parts or Less

MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 500

Hello and welcome to the final monthly building challenge of 2017!

For this month’s challenge, I would like for you to take a very minimalistic approach. As I figure some may be traveling this December and may be away from their collection of bricks, I wanted to make a challenge easy and accessible for all to participate in. That being said, for this month’s challenge I would like for you to make a creation in under 20 pieces. Your creation may be a representation of absolutely anything you please.

Here are the rules:

-You may use no more than 20 pieces. You are allowed to use less than 20 pieces.

-Add a title or small caption describing your model.

-ALL parts count. Say for example you were to use a mini figure torso, that would count as five pieces.

-Please only post up to two photos to give the page an easier time to load. If you would like to post more, feel free to add a link to Flickr. 

-The creation must be new and should not already exist.

-The competition will end December 31st PST.

-You may enter multiple builds.

I will try to get out the final verdict the following week. The prize has yet to be decided.

For a bit of inspiration here are some previous Toys r Us builds:

And two from Christopher Neimann (would recommend taking a look at this link here for further ideas:http://www.christophniemann.com/portfolio/i-lego-n-y/):

One comment that I really enjoy is one said by prevere and is also the comment from where I got my inspiration to do this competition (http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/514639#Comment_514639). Your model can really be anything. It can be as minimalistic as possible. It can be one piece or 20. I would be happy to answer any questions about the challenge that you may have. Very interested to see what models come from this! Enjoy!

mafonbandit778stluxBumblepantsrdflegoFowlerBricksricecakeTheOriginalSimonBOnebricktoomanyvizzitorGothamConstructionComsandersSirBen

Comments