Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Joker Manor's Roller Coaster motorized

lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 211
Hi all,

After some days of "try and error", I finally have a first motorized working version of the Joker Manor's Roller Coaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0vSOunDqY

Here you are a picture of the modification:

imag5682jpg

Of course there is room for improvement, but actually it works quite well. Now I have to do some make-up blush

LuLegoJohnyk668PaperballparkBlueTacoMynattHugeYellowBrickMegtheCatFowlerBrickskiki180703msandersSirBenricecakeecmo47tallblocktoodavetheoxygenmandatsunrobbiedrdavewatfordRogerKirkGoldchainsBumblepantsCCCstluxHuwSeanTheCollectorFizyxbandit778mafonCupIsHalfEmptySwitchfoot55

Comments

• LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 593
    Great work! Looks very cool.
    lluisgib
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 760
    I`m definitely interested to know which parts you used, but I understand if you do not want to share here. I don`t think I own any of the chain pieces that you use - are they the `Chain Link M=1`?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,242
    It looks good. Although I'm not sure I'd want something that repeats itself so fast. It is not very relaxing to leave it on in the background. I guess a roller coaster would have the same problem unless you got a lot of track.
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 211
    msanders said:
    I`m definitely interested to know which parts you used, but I understand if you do not want to share here. I don`t think I own any of the chain pieces that you use - are they the `Chain Link M=1`?
    I have an event this weekend. After that, I will share some pictures. I don't have a part list, but better than this, I can inspire you and you can improve my design ;)
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 211
    CCC said:
    It looks good. Although I'm not sure I'd want something that repeats itself so fast. It is not very relaxing to leave it on in the background. I guess a roller coaster would have the same problem unless you got a lot of track.
    The problem in this roller coaster is that you need some impulse because there is a lot of horizontal track before the ride starts. I think in a future roller coaster, the ride will start just after reaching the top, and then the movement will be smoother.