Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Downsizing Lego Batman Vehicles?

SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 86
I'm in the process of MOC'ing my own Wayne Manor & Batcave Combo display piece. I'm currently creating a platform for Batman's vehicles, and realised that there's NO-WAY my MOC can contain the size of them, they seem to be on a much larger scale that reasonably scaled-minifig buildings. Has anyone ever downsized any of The Lego Batman Movie vehicles, so they are consistent with 'Lego-System'? Would appreciate some inspiration, thanks.

Silly Question, but bugging me: Which way 'round do Batgirls and Robins capes go? Does the shiny side go on the outside or on the inside?

Comments

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,241
    The best scale vehicle is Bane's tumbler. Very easy to rebuild in black to get a batmobile and the scale works with 'ordinary' Lego. Vehicles much better than any of the other ones.

i guess if you were to use that as the baseline and then build out the others to the same scale it would give you a decent frame of reference for size.

i do agree most of the DC vehicles are rediculus in size.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 863
    I modified some Speed Champions cars to Batmobiles so that could be a option for you. Size is a problem with most LEGO vehicles. If you try and get two Minifigures to sit side by side your at an 8 wide car. Good luck with your project.
    FowlerBricksricecakecolayflordFizyx
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 86
    gmonkey76 said:
    I modified some Speed Champions cars to Batmobiles so that could be a option for you. Size is a problem with most LEGO vehicles. If you try and get two Minifigures to sit side by side your at an 8 wide car. Good luck with your project.
    Great idea, thanks. They look like a decent-sized footprint for me try modding the massive Bat-Vehicles I have. I'm totally fine with vehicles only having enough width for one mini-fig, seeing as mini-figs themselves have baby-like body proportions, it matches.